Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Attestazione: a doubt

Attestazione: a doubt

Old Aug 26th 2019, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Attestazione: a doubt

Hi all! Since 2011 I've had an "Attestazione di soggiorno permanente", which replaced the old "Permesso di soggiorno". I've always assumed it was a permanent document that doesn't expire, but today I was told another document expired after 6 months, so this doubt arose! Can anyone confirm that the Attestazione doesn't expire, or if it does, after how long?

Thanxalot
Old Aug 26th 2019, 8:33 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attestazione: a doubt

Hmm....all certificates that are subject to changes I.e. residency, last 6 months. Does that mean your's does too? In theory, you only need to sign confirming the details. In reality, I think that that could be up to the whim of whoever is in front of you. It's an old cert. Might be worth getting a replacement.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

A search for me of " Attestazione di soggiorno permanente" comes up with this EU link. I think it is clear you have something vaild, but then again as 37100 has alluded, getting that over to those in charge Mmmm...
Old Aug 27th 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to you both! In line with what you''ve told me, I'll now tell you about the other document I mentioned. I've got a divorce "decree absolute" from years ago but I've never registered the change in the "anagrafe". I decided to do something about it so went to the council offices yesterday. The clerk told me the decree would have to be translated - reasonable - but then turned it over and saw the "apostille", a kind of authentication. He said that was no good because it was more than 6 months old. Now, as 37100 says, things subject to change have a time limit, e.g. address, but a decree absolute expresses a permanent situation - it doesn't prove that I am now "libero", but it does prove that I divorced that person. So how can the authentication of a permanent document have limited value?
This morning I phoned the British Consulate and they told me the clerk in the Comune was wrong. They also gave me the number of the legalisation office in London, who confirmed this.
I'll be trying other offices and will let you know...