Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Southern Italy? (Campania etc)

Anyone in Southern Italy? (Campania etc)

Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

M.Ruze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Southern Italy? (Campania etc)

Is there anyone who has moved to Southern Italy (Campania etc) from the UK? Would also be great to talk to anyone restoring a house. We are going to move to the South and it would be great to make contacts.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone in Southern Italy? (Campania etc)

Hi. I moved to Campania from London at the end of 2008. We live in the area called Avellino in a small village called Candida. We bought a brand new house here in 2009,so I cant help with renovations I'm afraid.
Whereabouts are you thinking of living in Campania?
Welcome to the site.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Durobird - can I ask how cold does it get inland, where you are? Would imagine pretty cold recently.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

M.Ruze,

Are you sticking with Campagnia or considering also going further south into Calabria?

Mrs T
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Mrs Teapot (love the name!!). It gets cold here as we are 580metres above sea level. Its only our 2nd winter here,but last year we didnt have snow,but it got very cold. The wind and rain are really bad sometimes.So far this year has been frosty but no snow.The days still have blue skies though,and it was lovely sunshine today.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Sounds chilly to me, but so long as the sun is shining it cheers everything up (especially if underneath a blanket and looking out the window - )
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

welcome !!! I've been in Salerno for about 20 years. We restored a house in a small village in the province of Avellino a few years ago ... where in Campagna are you thinking of moving and in what condition is the property ?