Reload this Page >

Anyone in or near como?

Anyone in or near como?

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:23 pm
vid
Just Joined

vid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in or near como?

This is a bit last minute.... but, since I'll be stumbling upon Como tomorrow, would anyone be in for an English-meetup / aperitivo tomorrow (i.e. Tuesday 23rd), from 7.45 pm on?
I've been told that the Cube (via F.lli Rosselli 10) is a decent place (i.e. it's trendy, although perhaps too trendy..) and it's close to S.Giovanni station. And to the lake, which is always nice. If anybody feels like coming, please text me at (SNIP)

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Nov 23rd 2010 at 6:34 am. Reason: Not a good idea to put a private number on an open forum.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Snow-drop is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear shamrock and miss sparkly (and the others in Como!)

I'm moving to Como in the next month and wondered if you have any plans to meet up?

Hope to hear from you,

Snowdrop

Xxx
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

shamrock86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Snow Drop

Im actually in Como now and have a fever. I live in florence and just came up to como for xmas to my bfs families home. I have a temporary contract in Florence and hope to be back up in comFFeb/march time.

Are you moving here for work? you english?
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Shamrock,

I'll be in Como in Feb. I'm Scottish - so if you're irish, we should get on well! Hope you had a good xmas at the bf's place.

When you're back in Como, let me know and perhaps we can get in touch.

Ciao,

snowdrop
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Sahnetorte is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys,
I´m a young mother living in Como since august with my boyfriend and our 4 months old daughter.
We moved here from Stuttgart, my boyfriend is working the hold day. I´m looking for nice people to explore my new home.
Ciao
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Frankie78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We moved here from Brighton to Cadorago (como) in november and have been struggling to make friends and am missing mixing with english speakers!
I have 2 children a 3 year old, who goes to asilo and a 22 month old. I don't work and feel like i could very easily go mad here as the village is tiny!
My husband is italian and has his own business here and has for years, he used to commute to and from uk to here but after 5 years of doing this and the kids missing him in the week we decided to all move here. We are lucky as his family is close by but i am missing having my own circle of friends.
I'm feeling very lonely at the mo and missing home and the ease of living in uk!
So would love to hear from any of you and meeting you.

Thanks Frankie
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hi Frankie,
I'm not near Como but wanted to welcome a fellow Brightonian. Not lived there for years now though, although my family still live there. I think this friends thing comes with time... English speakers help though as you tend to flock together.... hopefully you will find someone.xxxx
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

shamrock86 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Frankie

First of all i want to say i know how you feel. I have lived in como on and off with my partner and its been very hard for the times i was there. Making friends is very difficult. I also know that the culture in that area is different from cultures in other areas. I'm in Florence now for a few months and have found it much easier to make friends. When Im back in Como, Il send you a message.

Sorry, where abouts in como? My partner is from a little village 15 min by car outside Como city..
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Anyone in or near como?

Ciao Frankie (and all),

I also have a 22 month old. I am also from the UK and moved here a week ago - I am not home sick (yet!) but I am already missing my family and friends and would love to meet up and chat about our new Italian lives!

I think there is 4 of us here in or just outside Como who would like to meet up (please correct me if I am wrong or have missed someone!!):
Frankie,
Snow-drop
Sedmi
Sahnetorte

I will send you some PMs with my email address, then if you reply with your email addresses I will send round a group email and we can organise a quick get together!

(And also Shamrock once she is back!)

Please let me know if there is anyone else around and we could arrange something.

Hope we can meet up soon before we all get too homesick!

xxxx
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Frankie78 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all, sorry been offline for a bit internet, laptop problems, and a trip back to the uk to see family. Was actually very happy to come home to italy and even happier that it felt like home. We're in Caslino Al Piano frazione of Cadorago. It's a tiny place but has a good aslio that my daughter attends, but am still finding it difficult to make friends with other parents as its mainly the nonnas and nonnos that take the kids to nursery. But saying that the parents that do go now say "ciao" to me and not stare at me like i'm from another planet so i guess that's progress!

I'm still interested in meeting up and am missing the mum and toddler groups i used to go to in brighton that ended up in the pub!