Reload this Page >

anyone in Naples/Napoli???

anyone in Naples/Napoli???

Old Nov 8th 2010, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

valentina87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone in Naples/Napoli???

hi there...
im an australian living in naples, any english speakers here?
valentina
Old Nov 8th 2010, 1:36 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone in Naples/Napoli???

Hi Valentina, welcome to expats! Any problems give me, Lorna or mitzyboy( our 2 lovely mods) as shout.

We do have members down in that area - hopefully a few will see your post and say hello! In the meantime feel free to join us in Al Fresco and have a laugh or a moan!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! hopefully there will be someone in naples who sees this!
x
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum.
I live about 1 hour from Naples,but dont tend to go there. I am in the Avellino area. I think there is somebody in Naples. Maybe they will meet up with you. Are you in Naples itself?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

Welcome !
I'm in Salerno, about an hour from Naples ...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

yes im in naples itself...!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao Valentina,
I too live about 90 mins. from Naples, and only go there when I have [I]some specific reason; like visiting a museum or gallery or official business. Yesterday had to go to visit relatives. Being Friday traffic was horrendous. I see that traffic lights appear to have been abolished; probably to save money because nobody used them anyway!
Seriously, I was going to suggest that perhaps you ought to consider having a look-in at the Church of England parish church at San Pasquale di Chiaia. I'm sure that this Sunday there will be a Remembrance service, and the large Naples ex pat community will be out in force.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about

I live in Naples, now in Soccavo but my partner has the newsagents in Piazza Vittoria.Tomorrow is the Remembrance service at the Anglican church in San Pasquale.Ther will be lots of Brits and other Commomwealth members.Come along for a drink after the service if you are not religious.I'm also a member of the commonwealth club which has some Autralian members and we are having a Christmas lunch on December 14th.It's for members only but you can join then, it costs 25euro a year.Where do you live?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

jordanw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I don't live in Naples, but I have a place (ruin/pile of stones) on the Amalfi coast. I know an Australian girl who runs a place in Naples that my wife and I stayed at once. It's called "Six Small Rooms". It's at Via Diodato 18. We only stayed a couple of nights, but the Australian girl had been running it for 10 years from memory, and was very friendly, and spoke Italian that was fluent to my ear.

Regards,
Jordan
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Valentina, I visited the British Consulate in Naples last year to sort out a certificate, while I was waiting I read their notice board in the waiting area, I was really impressed (and a bit envious) at the variety of opportunities up there for expat clubs, so you should be fine. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

thanks everyone for your advice!