Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Anyone else languishing here in sunny Italy?

Anyone else languishing here in sunny Italy?

Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Felicity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else languishing here in sunny Italy?

Originally Posted by piedmontproperty
I have been in Piemonte for several years and really love it especially the lack of wind and rain.
I'm in sunny Roma! Swapped one city (Edinburgh) for another (Rome) last year - so far so good! But could do with meeting more people - so let me know if you're in Rome
Ciao for now
F
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

piedmontproperty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alex and lyn

hi all,
only just found this british ex-pat site...been going to expatsinitaly site ( mr bidet man ...you've been there too haven't you ....loved your story ...definately having a bidet put in my farmhouse...even if i only wash my wellies in it !!!!!

like someonbe else...was beginning to think there were no brits in Italy !!!!!!
we're moving out at the end of april 2005 to retire to a farmhouse in Abruzzo........can't wait.....having a problem getting consistent replies concerning costs of electric /gas/water etc...and is anyone using solar panels yet...got to do a bit of modernisation and trying to decide which way to jump !!!!
any advise/help/costs info greatly recieved...so far there seems to be much confusion on these costs...know it's a bit boring but very useful to us at the moment......what about wood burners...how much are they in Italy...suddenly very fashionable in UK so lots on market...buy UK or Italy?
alex and lyn
Hi there

The cost of utilities here in Italy are certainly no cheaper. In fact electricity is a little more expensive. If your not on mains gas you will have to install a tank in the garden somewhere and have it topped up as and when. This form of heating is expensive, it cost me 100 Euros a week in the winter to heat my house so I have turned to a wooding stove which runs on pellets. This costs 4.5 Euros a day and heats the lounge ang kitchen.Wood is cheaper. You can get a good wood burning stove for under 1500 Euros depending on size.
Just for your information, the costs of Kitchens and bathrooms is cheaper here. I paid 8000 Euros for my kitchen and I reckon it would have been double in the UK. Generally plumbers and electricians are cheaper here, ie between 15 and 25 Euros an hour.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

tim gordon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alex and lyn

hi all,
only just found this british ex-pat site...been going to expatsinitaly site ( mr bidet man ...you've been there too haven't you ....loved your story ...definately having a bidet put in my farmhouse...even if i only wash my wellies in it !!!!!

like someonbe else...was beginning to think there were no brits in Italy !!!!!!
we're moving out at the end of april 2005 to retire to a farmhouse in Abruzzo........can't wait.....having a problem getting consistent replies concerning costs of electric /gas/water etc...and is anyone using solar panels yet...got to do a bit of modernisation and trying to decide which way to jump !!!!
any advise/help/costs info greatly recieved...so far there seems to be much confusion on these costs...know it's a bit boring but very useful to us at the moment......what about wood burners...how much are they in Italy...suddenly very fashionable in UK so lots on market...buy UK or Italy?
alex and lyn
Hi where are you in Abruzzo we are thinking of moving to Pescara region
funny Abruzzo dose not get mentioned that much??
TIm
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:15 pm
mst
Just Joined

mst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tim gordon
Hi where are you in Abruzzo we are thinking of moving to Pescara region
funny Abruzzo dose not get mentioned that much??
TIm
Hi, We are in Trento for a year and just love Italy. Who couldn't love a place surrounded by mountains where you can still sit out on the balcony in January.