Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Any members dealing with used luxury cars?

Any members dealing with used luxury cars?

Old Aug 9th 2012, 7:00 am
Just Joined

tradyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any members dealing with used luxury cars?

Hi,

I am looking for either a British Expat member (s), or recommendation (s) for someone who is trustworthy and deals with used luxury cars in Italy – preferably in the northern Italy but this is not a must. I have a car dealer looking for a Porsche Cayenne at the moment, but the same car dealer is importing 2-3 cars a month, mostly Porches and Mercedes’s, all cars pre-ordered by the end-buyers in Sweden.

I would be interested in getting in touch with anyone who could help me getting hold of the right cars – I can of course browse the web myself, but would rather deal with someone who knows the industry in Italy as I don’t speak the language. Also, I hope that this will develop in an ongoing “business” so would like to try and deal with the same people if possible.

Please PM me or drop me an email on tradyan(at)gmail.com

Thanks,
Tradian
Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any members dealing with used luxury cars?

I think you'd be better off finding someone in Germany. The Italians go to Germany to buy German cars - much cheaper.... a
Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Germany, much cheaper than Italy.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

hmmm, the Swedish importer is buying his cars from north Germany, and he said the last 2 Porsche Cayenne's where originally from Italy, so imported to Germany, and so sold to him. His idea was to cut out the German middle man, but this is now contradictory info... Do you know if this is the case also for "luxury" cars, ie that Italians are buying from Germany, or is it perhaps the case for more "regular" cars?
Old Aug 9th 2012, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tradyan
hmmm, the Swedish importer is buying his cars from north Germany, and he said the last 2 Porsche Cayenne's where originally from Italy, so imported to Germany, and so sold to him. His idea was to cut out the German middle man, but this is now contradictory info... Do you know if this is the case also for "luxury" cars, ie that Italians are buying from Germany, or is it perhaps the case for more "regular" cars?
OK, the above is confirmed by the dealer, "normal" cars are cheaper in Germany, while Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc are cheaper in Italy ... So, question remains, anyone interested in helping me finding the Cayenne? As said, plan is to do a few cars a month going forward.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

All the mercs and porsches I see are imported from Germany and rematricolate -
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tradyan
OK, the above is confirmed by the dealer, "normal" cars are cheaper in Germany, while Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc are cheaper in Italy ... So, question remains, anyone interested in helping me finding the Cayenne? As said, plan is to do a few cars a month going forward.
I can understand Ferrari and Lamborghini being cheaper in Italy; but Porsche?
Good luck with your venture anyway.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Aug 10th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ononno
I can understand Ferrari and Lamborghini being cheaper in Italy; but Porsche?
Good luck with your venture anyway.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
The only things that are cheap in Italy are Whisky, espresso, wine and free advice
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

The owners of luxury cars are getting rid of them thanks to Monti. Either they have something to hide or are sick and tired of being stopped and checked by the Guardia delle Finanze!
Old Aug 15th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

if this is a serios demanda i have a freind who deals in luxery cars pm me