Reload this Page >

Any expats in Sardegna

Any expats in Sardegna

Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Britishbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any expats in Sardegna

Hi All!!!
I'm Sean and live in North Sardegna with my family,been here permanently 3 and half years but been coming here 10 years.Love the island,the food,the climate and 10 mins from the beach just the usual problems with red tape with everything you try and do and italians making mountains out of mole hills.Anyway...are there any other expats on BE that live here? I have a need to talk to somebody English if you know what i mean!!
Cheers
Sean
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any expats in Sardegna

Originally Posted by Britishbuilder
Hi All!!!
I'm Sean and live in North Sardegna with my family,been here permanently 3 and half years but been coming here 10 years.Love the island,the food,the climate and 10 mins from the beach just the usual problems with red tape with everything you try and do and italians making mountains out of mole hills.Anyway...are there any other expats on BE that live here? I have a need to talk to somebody English if you know what i mean!!
Cheers
Sean
Sadly, no....
Good luck to you!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Robinsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't feel on your own sean. Hi i'm Billy born Belfast spent most off my life in England. trying to get ENGLISH GAME ON TONIGHT as you can see same problems ( sorry for shouting at our first chat.lol living down southeast Jerzu)Sardinia. go on cheer lol
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, tell you what I do. Can't stand the 'expert' chatter during matches, whether in Italian or English; so watch on RAI and put the TV on mute - wonderful!
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

sabato will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I'm an Expat living in NE Sardegna. There's not many of us (one of the reasons why we're here!!!) oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that on an Expat site!

I don't visit this forum very much, in fact I was searching for the Italian word for the technical document that the Geometrica gives to the builder so he can quote a price to build a house, and I noticed your post & couldn't ignore it.
Do you know the word I'm looking for, by any chance?

So over to you to tell me all about how you choose Sardegna etc etc

Regards.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

No building or whatever for me but we have booked our flights to come over in August .. yippee!

Do You chaps know of any cheap-o car hire places, from Olbia ?.. not the usual multi.nationals.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Try searching on the Olbia airport site for car hire at the airport, there's quite a few to check out and maybe one suits.

www.geasar.it

click connection on the LHS & the car hire list is there.

Have a good trip!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sabato
Try searching on the Olbia airport site for car hire at the airport, there's quite a few to check out and maybe one suits.

www.geasar.it

click connection on the LHS & the car hire list is there.

Have a good trip!
Cheers sabato.

I flew to Cagliari a few years ago and had previously booked a hire with EuropaCar. Due to 'building work' in progress at the airport all the main ones like Europacar, Hertz etc had their "offices" inside containers in the car park, with massive queues under the baking sun. Meanwhile inside the air-conditioned airport there were a half a dozen local companies with nice cool offices but not doing any business! ....
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

That's so typical!

I remember 3 yrs back when some friends booked with europcar - 1 hr wait as everyone on the flt had booked with them!

Where are you staying?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

That's so typical!

I remember 3 yrs back when some friends booked with europcar - 1 hr wait as everyone on the flt had booked with them!

Where are you staying?
Cala Gonone - we have friends in Dorgali.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Beautiful!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:26 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't visit this forum very much, in fact I was searching for the Italian word for the technical document that the Geometrica gives to the builder so he can quote a price to build a house, and I noticed your post & couldn't ignore it.
Re-post this q on the TALK THE TALK thread. Some one will usually come up with an answer.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the info. - I'll remember that for the future.

Came up with the word after more searching - computo metrico
Old Jul 4th 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Hi all...
Sabato just sent you a PM with the word you require then read your last post that you found it...sorry!! also included a reply to your inquiry...
Old Jul 4th 2012, 5:56 am
Just Joined

A friend of mine is the principle of Maggiore car hire which has a post at olbia airport...PM me if you want me to have a word for a discount....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.