Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

almost time to return to torino :)

almost time to return to torino :)

Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default almost time to return to torino :)

well almost time for us to come to torino!! getting really excited now, although little scared too!!

we have our home all ready for us, and my fiance and my dog are over there waiting!

just wondered if someone could tell me of any soft play areas for toddlers in and around torino? i often take my little boy to one here, and to swimming, so would like to do that in italy also

also any info on the nursery Buddies, as i would like to look into putting my boy there when he is a little older I once found a information download for living in torino, and it had so much information on torino, but cant remember where i found it! so any info on things to do with my little one would be much appreciated! xxxxx
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:53 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: almost time to return to torino :)

Unless Turin is very different to Florence, which is possible, you won't find soft play areas anything like the huge places in the UK unfortunately. Some McD's will have small ones and here in Florence we have something called Mondo Bimbo which is a ball pool, some little tikes cars and 4 or 5 bouncy castles, nothing like as imaginative or fun as the indoor play areas in the UK though. Indie is up that way as a few others who I think have responded to you before so they may be of more help. In the meantime I'd google McD's and Mondo Bimbo to see if there is any info for Turin.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hi Katie Jane,
There are some soft play areas about but you need to search. Wherabouts are you going to be? Check here for one that we have taken our kids to for parties (the Rivarolo branch: http://www.scivoland.com/HOME_%20SCIVOLAND!.html

I also know of a McDonalds in Leiní that has a soft play area but none actually in Torino. I don't know the nursery Buddies though I'm afraid.

Swimming pools have loads of activities for kids. Both of my kids do Ragazzi lessons at our local pool and I find them to be really helpful. I know there are classes from baby upwards.

HTH. I'm up in San Maurizio Cse just north or the city but I would be around for a meet up when you get here, although my kids are older than yours at 7 and 11.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Torino

Hope you settle in fine - sorry I dont have any info regarding little ones cos mine are alot older. However wherever you live they should be able to give you information about playschools/clubs etc. Try your local comune or do like I used to do - go to parks and play areas and chat to other mums ( I know its a bit hard when you dont speak the lingo but you'd be suprised how many mums might like to try out their English). Maybe some private gymnastic clubs might do sessions for tots as well.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

hey!

thanks again for your help!

il be in mathi, il get in touch when i arrive indiebird! xx
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katiejane
hey!

thanks again for your help!

il be in mathi, il get in touch when i arrive indiebird! xx
That's right Mathi. I remember now. I am well-known at Cirié pool so when you get here we can go up there together to get you more info about classes for your small one. I think they start swimming lessons from 3 and before that it's mother and baby. I'm sure someone I knew told me that one of the Mother and Baby teachers was English so, although she might not be able to conduct the whole session in English, you might not feel as scared as you would if it were all in Italian. It might be a good way of meeting other mums too. I've met quite a few people in the local park with my kids too who are happy to chat... even with me and my rubbish Italian...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

thank you, that would be great! il def be in touch when i arrive! xx