Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

3 skypephone Italy

3 skypephone Italy

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 skypephone Italy

Has anyone bought/used a 3 skypephone in Italy. I have been reading reviews on this service and think it would be a fantastic phone to get once I move to Italy next month.

Any reviews on the product and price would be appreciated
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

barb14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 skypephone Italy

Originally Posted by misssparkly
Has anyone bought/used a 3 skypephone in Italy. I have been reading reviews on this service and think it would be a fantastic phone to get once I move to Italy next month.

Any reviews on the product and price would be appreciated
buy a head set and use skype on the computer, a lot of the networks won't touch the skype phones as they lose money!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:14 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I thought 3 had the exclusive for Skype?

I know that 3 UK has some really good deals for Skype phones without the need to top up monthly - with Skype free for life it is claimed. You could get it in the UK and then pop an Italian 3 SIM card in it alternatively you might be able to use the Skype from a UK phone free in any 3 country, i.e. Italy, Sweden, HK, etc... - NO YOU CAN'T JUST CHECKED - Duffer

I use Skype all the time using my bluetooth headset connected to my laptop. I have friends who call me from their Skype phones either to my laptop or to my landline and the call quality has been fantastic either way.

Last edited by duffer; Jul 23rd 2009 at 9:31 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

misssparkly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I will also have it on my computer... that is set up already.

I would love to have it as part of my Italian mobile number though, best of both worlds!

So now I just need to find out if the UK phone is unlocked for 3 Italia, I've heard varying reviews on this.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:43 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

If there are wifi hotspots near to where you will be you could use Skype on your smartphone...