Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Web Developer / Affiliate Marketing in Oz?

Web Developer / Affiliate Marketing in Oz?

Old Apr 28th 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

GeordieGeek will become famous soon enoughGeordieGeek will become famous soon enough
Default Web Developer / Affiliate Marketing in Oz?

Hi all

I am a really experienced web developer (PHP, ASP, .NET VB) and have worked at various levels within the UK affiliate marketing area (6+ years) and looking at how to make use of my skills in Australia. Has anyone with similar experience come across and if so how did you do it?

I have a BSc Hons Information Systems Degree (2002) and am looking to apply for an Australian Skilled Visa with family sponsorship under the Developer programmer shortage skills list - does this sound possible?

If any migration agents are in the Melbourne / Victoria / Tasmania area and want to get in touch please do or if anyone has any contacts that would recommend please PM me.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

David Brody is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Web Developer / Affiliate Marketing in Oz?

Hello,

Thank you for your precious time and suggestion. I think web design and website Marketing is a delicate balancing act.

If you want to do freelance these are the things you need to do:
1- you need to have proper web site to explain what you are doing and portfolio.
2- Find different web development forums and advice people that got problems in programming. Try to be honest and always try to help them as it is bringing you business.
3- you need to start communicating with different web design companies
4- find web sites like gumtree that you can advertise.

Thanks lot again
David Brody
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Moneymatters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web Developer / Affiliate Marketing in Oz?

Did you manage to get something sorted? Affiliate marketing is a lot less prevalent in Oz at the moment, than it is in the UK - though growing.

Maybe you can get in early and set your own thing up? Noticed a few finance compare sites sprouting up now.