IT Software induftry in Canada

Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Question IT Software induftry in Canada

Hello all,

I'm looking into the software industry in Canada, mainly to see if a move is a viable option.

I am a Java man with 6 years experience and over here in the UK I am pushing for a development team leader role (discussions I have had will probably land me that role in the next month or so). Looking at the Canadian market, I have searched the job web sites and found plenty of posts (so the jobs are there), what I have not found is any mention of visa sponsor positions or search sites that deal with those jobs (www.computerjobs.com has such a section for the USA market).

I also know nothing about the working environment (average salary, working hours etc...) in the industry.

Anyone got any advice or a better place to look other than the regular recruitment sites? An agency that deals with Canadian IT recruitment for people outside Canada would be ideal, but as yet my web searches for such have yielded no results.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IT Software induftry in Canada

Please forgive the spelling mistake in the title

Cheers

Chris
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:27 pm
NGB
Just Starting Out

NGB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT Software induftry in Canada

No worries with the spelling, I've made some howlers.

Try monster.ca.......

I'm in a similar position to you so if you find a good, approachable agency let me know.

Cheers,

Neil