Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Software Engineer C++ Financial Sector in UAE

Software Engineer C++ Financial Sector in UAE

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

brucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nice
Default Software Engineer C++ Financial Sector in UAE

There's a few things I'd like to ask;

1. Shall I stick to my current job, which I started shortly after graduating and have a year's experience of. And wait until I get 2-3 years of a experience then, hopefully, move to Dubai. I'm a C++ Software Developer/Engineer focusing on Systems Programming in the Financial sector (software for Investment Banking) and I'll be looking for the same role in the same sector.
2. What sites should I be looking at? Actually finding the jobs and reading peoples' experiences etc. of working at that companies.
3. Any online foreigner forums? I meet a few British people whilst queuing in lines etc. but that's about it. Is there a place where foreigners gather?
4. Are there any big companies that are operate in UK and UAE in my field, i.e., Software Development? Perhaps I could start of in the UK then move to UAE. Would this offer better job security.
5. What salary am I looking at for C++ Systems Developer?

Essentially, I just want to get up to scratch with the customs and way of things there. Please point me to any material you think would be useful.

I don't really have a preference over Dubai/Abu Dhabi at the moment.