IT sales jobs in Oz?

Old May 5th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

zanderman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT sales jobs in Oz?

Hi all,

I am in IT sales (hardware, software solutions sale etc etc) and have been for many years. Does anyone know what the job scene is like in the major cities in Oz?

I am looking to bring my family over next year using my wifes nursing qualification to get us there but am unsure how easy/hard finding a job for myself will be.

Anyone have any insights on the IT Sales arena?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: IT sales jobs in Oz?

I realise this is a while since you posed this question but I recently started an IT Consultancy and the sales side of it is where I'm stuggling yet its obviously important.

I'm in the Sunshine Coast so its needing to appeal to much smaller businesses than I am used to dealing with (usually major corporates) so its a different kettle of fish to me.

Be grateful for any tips.
Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

zanderman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT sales jobs in Oz?

Feel free to drop me a PM. I have been involved in setting up sales teams for the SME and Corporate space so have a fair bit of experience.

We are probably going to settle in Brisbane so dont forget me if you need a sales director!!

Originally Posted by caleb2003
I realise this is a while since you posed this question but I recently started an IT Consultancy and the sales side of it is where I'm stuggling yet its obviously important.

I'm in the Sunshine Coast so its needing to appeal to much smaller businesses than I am used to dealing with (usually major corporates) so its a different kettle of fish to me.

Be grateful for any tips.
Cheers