Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

Sending a package to Brunei

Sending a package to Brunei

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Harry_cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending a package to Brunei

Wanted to know if any ex pats have received a package sent from the united kingdom.
if you did how long did it roughly take for you to recieve it and how good is the local postal service and how much was spent of postage? Will my package arrive in one piece?
Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2020, 12:33 am
Asian nomad

scrubbedexpat019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending a package to Brunei

To Brunei or to Indonesia? If the former, then your geography is somewhat off, Harry. Brunei is situated between Sarawak and Sabah (Malaysia), nowhere near Indonesia unless you count Kalimantan to the south.

I've been to Brunei a few times, and to me the postal service there is as good as any in the West. However... if you plan to ship alcohol, you may encounter problems, as it's a very Muslim culture, and it has a strict no alcohol rule, so it's very, very dry.

This may be ancient history now, but you will need to give us more info if you want help. I receive occasional packages in Bali from the USA and Australia. The service is quite good, but a bit slow, and not without its risks, after all hey! this is Indonesia, and different rules prevail.

What you want to send and how you will be sending it will be main considerations in shipping anything to this country.

Over to you.