Moving to Jakarta

Old May 23rd 2016, 10:59 am
Just Joined

hairbyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Jakarta

Hello ladies,
We are currently expats elsewhere and a planned move to Jakarta is on the cards.
After some advice please. What area do most people live if their children are attending the British school.
I'm trying to manage traffic situation and time spent on a school bus.

Thank you
Old May 23rd 2016, 9:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: location location location

Hi and welcome to BE. I am sure you will be able to find many posters in the appropriate location forum who will be best suited to advise you with your intended move.

Please walk on over and make yourself known.
Old May 23rd 2016, 11:00 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Jakarta

Hello and welcome to the forum

I've shifted your post from the Welcome Inn into the Indonesia section. We have a poster in your neck of the woods so hopefully you should get a reply very soon.
Old May 24th 2016, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Jakarta

Hi hairbyme and welcome.
As you will see this forum isn't very chatty active but I try to keep it informative.
Sadly I cannot help as I know nothing about the British School (BSJ) except it's located quite some distance from Jakarta central and where expats normally reside in South Jakarta like CBD and Kemang.
The location is like a small town and not far from the Serpong toll road.
Bumi Serpong Dumai (BSD) is a new town in Tangerang and looks like it's modelled on something like Milton Keynes and is where young middle class, educated Indonesian families are flocking....is not far....as is Bintaro.
You don't say if you've visited Jakarta before so I'll wait for your questions to establish what level of answers I may be able to provide...but I'm old, and no kids, so maybe not of much use.