British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Indonesia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/indonesia-167/)
-   -   Anyone in Indonesia? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/indonesia-167/anyone-indonesia-690766/)

exbrit69 Oct 24th 2010 1:58 am

Anyone in Indonesia?

Greetings. Anyone living in Indonesia? I have been here for 7 years now and I love it. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, dog/fishing/TV licences, building permits etc. Cost of living where I am is about one tenth of that of the UK

ex reg Oct 24th 2010 9:39 am

Re: Anyone in Indonesia?

Not in Indonesia but wonder if Surabaya is worth a visit of 3 or 4 days?
And what would be a nice but inexpensive hotel to stay?

exbrit69 Oct 24th 2010 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ex reg (Post 8938828)
Not in Indonesia but wonder if Surabaya is worth a visit of 3 or 4 days?
And what would be a nice but inexpensive hotel to stay?

We are a couple of hours away from Surabaya but my wife has family there so I can get whatever info you require. We live in Probolinggo which is near to Mont Bromo which IS a tourist area. Here, a clean, safe hotel is only about 20 US dollars or less or There is also rafting and diving here if you are the outdoor type. If you get serous about visiting, we will be happy to assist you.Keep in touch Mate

SayHelloToTheAngels Nov 22nd 2010 5:35 pm

Hi,

Glad to know you are loving Indonesia. I'm going to be coming out next year to do a tour of as much of Indonesia as possible in 2-3 months.

Would love to pick your brain for some information with regards to the country.

If you don't mind answering a few questions I would appreciate it greatly.

Ryan

slapphead_otool Nov 24th 2010 10:31 am

Originally Posted by exbrit69 (Post 8938528)
Greetings. Anyone living in Indonesia? I have been here for 7 years now and I love it. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, dog/fishing/TV licences, building permits etc. Cost of living where I am is about one tenth of that of the UK

And you have Blok M, BATS, Stadium and all the Ayams you can handle :)

Love the place.

Slappy

alan280170 Nov 29th 2010 7:00 am

Jakarta, seems nice enough, except for the traffic lol:D

exbrit69 Nov 29th 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by alan280170 (Post 9009799)
Jakarta, seems nice enough, except for the traffic lol:D

What traffic? There isn't any. The definition of traffic is: "The passage of people or vehicles along routes of transportation" Vehicles in Jakarta are stationary. In the rush hour they get parking tickets. Last time I was there, I passed an old lady carrying a large suitcase. I opened the car door and offered her a ride. "No thanks," she replied. "I'm in a hurry."
I would never live in Jakarta and the traffic is only one of the reasons. Too bloody expensive and the women are just like Westerners...UGH! I am happy here in Probolinggo. I married a local girl seven years ago and to date we have never had a fight or even an argument....Tara

alan280170 Nov 29th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by exbrit69 (Post 9009857)
What traffic? There isn't any. The definition of traffic is: "The passage of people or vehicles along routes of transportation" Vehicles in Jakarta are stationary. In the rush hour they get parking tickets. Last time I was there, I passed an old lady carrying a large suitcase. I opened the car door and offered her a ride. "No thanks," she replied. "I'm in a hurry."
I would never live in Jakarta and the traffic is only one of the reasons. Too bloody expensive and the women are just like Westerners...UGH! I am happy here in Probolinggo. I married a local girl seven years ago and to date we have never had a fight or even an argument....Tara

Not much options, work brings me here, but I don't know for how long lol

exbrit69 Nov 29th 2010 7:53 am

Originally Posted by alan280170 (Post 9009883)
Not much options, work brings me here, but I don't know for how long lol

Give us a yell sometime at 081333334508 My hearing is cruddy due to 30 years of flying noisy airplanes but the wife can rescue me and she speaks kind of Indonesian/Yorkshese

adindas Jan 16th 2011 7:46 pm

hI exbrit69

Lucky you. I might be in Indonesia around July - August

Originally Posted by exbrit69 (Post 8938528)

exbrit69 Jan 17th 2011 2:06 am

Originally Posted by adindas (Post 9106193)
hI exbrit69

Lucky you. I might be in Indonesia around July - August

Great, give me a yell at 62-81333334508 or when you are here 081333334508
Cheers, Sheldon

adindas Jan 17th 2011 5:36 pm

Nice, will do ...

Originally Posted by exbrit69 (Post 9106955)
Great, give me a yell at 62-81333334508 or when you are here 081333334508
Cheers, Sheldon

bakedbean Jul 8th 2011 9:28 am

Hey... where's everyone gone? New-ish forum for Indonesia and everyone's disappeared :(

exbrit69 Jul 8th 2011 9:50 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 9482752)
Hey... where's everyone gone? New-ish forum for Indonesia and everyone's disappeared :(

Seems that way. Maybe they all emigrated

slapphead_otool Jul 9th 2011 9:14 am

Im here, but I am currently working in Kiribati, near the junction of the equator and the international date line..

Internet is a bit iffy here, and VERY expensive.

Have a bintang for me guys.....