UK to Chennai

Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:21 am
Just Joined

UK20054 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to Chennai

We are a British family and I have recently been offered a job by one of the MNC for Chennai and we are contemplating on how this move would work for our daughters (14 and 8) who has done all their schooling in the UK so far.

The older one (14 yrs) is currently in Year 10 so just about to start her GCSE assessment this and next academic year. I contacted The British International School in Chennai and they assured that the transition for both my daughters will be smooth as they follow the British curriculum.

Has anybody gone through similar situation? If so, can you please share your experience so we decide one way or the other. Older's schooling appears to be the deciding factor at this point in time.

Apart from schooling, what are the decent localities in Chennai for family living? We would be looking for nice areas with recreations around. What are the localities preferred by expats for living? I don't mind driving.
Thanks
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Chennai

Originally Posted by UK20054
We are a British family and I have recently been offered a job by one of the MNC for Chennai and we are contemplating on how this move would work for our daughters (14 and 8) who has done all their schooling in the UK so far.

The older one (14 yrs) is currently in Year 10 so just about to start her GCSE assessment this and next academic year. I contacted The British International School in Chennai and they assured that the transition for both my daughters will be smooth as they follow the British curriculum.

Has anybody gone through similar situation? If so, can you please share your experience so we decide one way or the other. Older's schooling appears to be the deciding factor at this point in time.

Apart from schooling, what are the decent localities in Chennai for family living? We would be looking for nice areas with recreations around. What are the localities preferred by expats for living? I don't mind driving.
Thanks
I'm assuming that this is Chennai in India, so I'll move this to the Indian forum for you where you may get more response. If it's a different Chennai then just let us know and we'll move it back!

Good luck.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Chennai

Originally Posted by UK20054

Thanks
Hello---I know Chennai and have family there who have used the International school. However not really an expat. You would get more information from the India Mike Forum
(Has information and discussions along with travel stuff!)
https://www.indiamike.com/