Reload this Page >

PIO card application UK

PIO card application UK

Old Jul 13th 2013, 6:13 am
Just Joined

whitebritishpio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PIO card application UK

Hi Guys,

Another PIO application query. Sorry. I want to try to apply for a PIO card. I am a white british born male. Both parents white british born. My Grandfather (white of scottish ancestry) was born in india and moved to the UK in his 20's. My great-grandfather (white of scottish ancestry) was born, lived, worked and married in India. I have my Grandfathers birth certificate (Bombay), his application for a british passport (and stating my great grandfathers birthplace as Bangalore) and my great grandfathers marriage certificate in india. All my ancestry is white - but does anyone know if I have a chance? THANKS!!!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:19 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PIO card application UK

Originally Posted by whitebritishpio
Hi Guys,

Another PIO application query. Sorry. I want to try to apply for a PIO card. I am a white british born male. Both parents white british born. My Grandfather (white of scottish ancestry) was born in india and moved to the UK in his 20's. My great-grandfather (white of scottish ancestry) was born, lived, worked and married in India. I have my Grandfathers birth certificate (Bombay), his application for a british passport (and stating my great grandfathers birthplace as Bangalore) and my great grandfathers marriage certificate in india. All my ancestry is white - but does anyone know if I have a chance? THANKS!!!
Good Morning and welcome to BE India.
Sorry I can't help with your query but I"m sure someone who lives in India will be along soon to share their experiences.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Drpachu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
A very interesting family tree!enthralled!

You should be able to apply and be eligible as per below requirement

he/she or either of his/her parents or grandparents or great grandparents was born in and was a permanent resident in India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935 and other territories that became part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time citizens of any of the aforesaid countries (as referred above) ; or

Good luck

Ram
Old Aug 26th 2013, 12:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ram. Just to say Welcome to the forum . That's nice of you to help out. Are you based in India?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Drpachu is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really,but soon will be there as an expat.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

herry123 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=whitebritishpio;10797893]Hi Guys,

Another PIO application query. Sorry. I want to try to apply for a PIO card. I am a white british born male. Both parents white british born. My Grandfather (white of scottish ancestry) was born in india and moved to the UK in his 20's. My great-grandfather (white of scottish ancestry) was born, lived, worked and married in India. I have my Grandfathers birth certificate (Bombay), his application for a british passport (and stating my great grandfathers birthplace as Bangalore) and my great grandfathers marriage certificate in india. All my ancestry is white - but does anyone know if I have a chance? THANKS!!![/QUO

Hi,
Yes, you have 100% chance to get PIO. You can apply to nearest Consulate of India in your Country.