Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Moving to India anyone else doing the same?

Moving to India anyone else doing the same?

Old Apr 27th 2015, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

tesekuler is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Moving to India anyone else doing the same?

I am planning on moving to India and would really like to meet someone with the same idea.

I'm thinking about Goa at the moment but open to different places.

Last edited by tesekuler; Apr 27th 2015 at 5:27 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 4:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to India anyone else doing the same?

Originally Posted by tesekuler
I am planning on moving to India and would really like to meet someone with the same idea.

I do not yet know of which part of India but this can be discussed.

I have all my own finances ready.

Happy to chat to anyone, worldwide or UK.
I'll move you to the correct forum, might have more luck there than in the Europe one
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

The first question for permanent stay/work must be --are you of Indian origin?
India is a vast country which cities/states are you familiar with?
Old Apr 27th 2015, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

I am happy anywhere in India. My main interest is finding someone to travel with.

If there is no one I'll go alone. But I do have a friend in Goa.

No I am British so I will renew the visa.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy anywhere in India. My main interest is finding someone to travel with.

If there is no one I'll go alone. But I do have a friend in Goa.

No I am British so I will renew the visa.
You might get more information on the Indiamike web site, I think there is a 'travel companion section' there. Also of course a general Goa section.

India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com
Old May 2nd 2015, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

.....No I am British so I will renew the visa.
Tourist visas can not be renewed or extended. If the visa is valid for more than 180 days you can leave India and return during the validity of the visa. After that you have to leave India and obtain a new visa.
If you are planning to move to India you will presumably need somewhere to live, as a foreigner you can take property on lease for up to 5 years, but most landlords are unwilling to sign leases longer than 1 year less one day.
You might find it informative to spend a few hours browsing through the thousands of posts on the thread 'Goa - Buyer Beware' as well as other threads.

Sadly, your plans may not mesh with the reality of India.

AndyD 8-)
Old May 3rd 2015, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Nomadgran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we just joined this forum we are 2Brit retirees living in Malaysia and are thinking of checking out Goa did you finally go!what are your impressions,we are hoping we get some feed back from fellow expats but as yet no luck.Thanks
Old May 3rd 2015, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nomadgran
Hi we just joined this forum we are 2Brit retirees living in Malaysia and are thinking of checking out Goa did you finally go!what are your impressions,we are hoping we get some feed back from fellow expats but as yet no luck.Thanks
What is it you want to know? How much time have you spent in India and where?
Andy has explained the visa situation in the above post.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Nomadgran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for reply,we only want to check out Goa for a short time as I have said we live in Malaysia ,we spent time a few years ago travelling Southern India but never got to Goa just wanted any ideas on the situation there I know about the Visas Thanks
Old May 4th 2015, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi thanks for reply,we only want to check out Goa for a short time as I have said we live in Malaysia ,we spent time a few years ago travelling Southern India but never got to Goa just wanted any ideas on the situation there I know about the Visas Thanks
Well, coastal Goa has become a tourist area for foreign and domestic tourists.
North Goa has become full of bars, restaurants, garbage! etc. many Russians.
South Goa is quite different, quieter although still the coastal towns are holiday centres.
Most British expats seem to have settled in the north.
Difficult for me to give a proper view of 'situation' as we are more 'inpats' living over the southern border and nowadays just go to Goa for shopping, short stays in south and Ponda temples.

I think it best that you 'plough' though the threads on the Goa section, and ask any specific questions there.

(Chennai is my favourite city, you could settle there if you know the south??)
Old May 6th 2015, 3:51 pm
Banned

nitinhccl is an unknown quantity at this point

Well in INDIA GOA is much familiar with foreigners. Other than GOA, pondicherry or puducherry is non metro location whereone of most foreigners are settled.Happy stay in INDIA.
Old May 7th 2015, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Did you use the 'Malaysia my Second Home' route?
If you did it would be interesting if you could post your experiences.

cheers AndyD 8-)
Old May 7th 2015, 1:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Did you use the 'Malaysia my Second Home' route?
If you did it would be interesting if you could post your experiences.

cheers AndyD 8-)
There's a whole section on MM2H in the Malaysia section of the forum. Feel free to drop by. Plenty of experiences shared.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Brianmayo is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also moving to india around october, we moving in Goa. The property is great n cheap esp for pensioner like me, i am shipping down my belongings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.