Reload this Page >

ECO British High Commission, New Delhi

ECO British High Commission, New Delhi

Old Sep 1st 2012, 7:58 am
Just Joined

krishtopherson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECO British High Commission, New Delhi

Hi All,

I'm very keen to apply for an open position as an Entry Clearance Officer at the British High Commission in New Delhi, India. I'm of Indian origin, was born in the UK and now live in the US. I lived in New Delhi last fall teaching English and I'm quite eager to return. I'm a British/American dual citizen and I just got my OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) so I wouldn't require any visa sponsorship.

I'm still fairly new to BE, but would anyone here have any advice or experience with working at a British High Commission? I'd really appreciate any sort of help! Looking forward to hearing back from someone.

Cheers,

Krish
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:03 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECO British High Commission, New Delhi

Hi Krish,

Best of luck with the job application. Sounds exciting!

I've taken the liberty of moving your post to our India forum as I think you will get more response here. Our "Jobs Wanted" section is less a place for discussion and more a place for people to share their details of what type of job (and where) they are looking for.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 10:28 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Krish

Welcome to BE and the India and Goa forums.

I really can't help you with career advice, however if you go onto the Goa forum you will see some sticky threads (titled in red). One of those threads is called something like 'useful contacts' or similar - there are some contact e mail addresses for the BHC in there as well as some e mail addresses for consular staff. E mailing those could be an avenue worth pursuing.

In the meantime all the best to you

Dread - x
Old Sep 4th 2012, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

krishtopherson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Krish

Welcome to BE and the India and Goa forums.

I really can't help you with career advice, however if you go onto the Goa forum you will see some sticky threads (titled in red). One of those threads is called something like 'useful contacts' or similar - there are some contact e mail addresses for the BHC in there as well as some e mail addresses for consular staff. E mailing those could be an avenue worth pursuing.

In the meantime all the best to you

Dread - x
Hi Dread,

Thanks for your help! I believe I found the post you were referring to?

After scouring the thread, I was able to find 2 names:
Simon Ferrand: [email protected]
Peter Beckingham: [email protected]

Was there anyone else I missed? I plan to e-mail them sometime today and ask for their assistance. Hope it leads to something! Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Krish
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:07 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krishtopherson
Hi Dread,

Thanks for your help! I believe I found the post you were referring to?

After scouring the thread, I was able to find 2 names:
Simon Ferrand: [email protected]
Peter Beckingham: [email protected]

Was there anyone else I missed? I plan to e-mail them sometime today and ask for their assistance. Hope it leads to something! Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Krish

Hi Krish

You could also try Peter Stagg who will have the same e ail address just different name at the front.

Good luck

Dread - x