Yippee!! 22 Days to Process Spouse Visa

Old Aug 23rd 2003, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Yippee!! 22 Days to Process Spouse Visa

Just got back from the Sorting Office and now have Nick's Visa in his passport. I'm so relieved that it's come back before I leave.

It took exactly 22 days from the daywe posted it, to the day it arrived back. Not bad going!!

That's one more thing I can now cross off my list of things to worry about.

Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Regards
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 8:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Spotted your post from last night before I saw this one....
Congrats!!! You can go south without worrying about it now.
Is it too early to open the bubbly??
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 9:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you. Summer will just be getting into full gear when you arrive. Where you moving to?
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Happy Happy Happy

Originally posted by Pollyana
Spotted your post from last night before I saw this one....
Congrats!!! You can go south without worrying about it now.
Is it too early to open the bubbly??
Hi Pollyana

Never too early to open the bubbly!!

I'm going to do a really nice dinner tonight (well I'll probably go and buy a very nice dinner tonight!!) and there'll definitely be bubbly to go with it.

Just hope that the house sells quickly so that Nick can get out there to be with us.

I'm a happy bunny now:-)

Regards
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Moving Home

Originally posted by bondipom
Good luck to you. Summer will just be getting into full gear when you arrive. Where you moving to?
Hi BondiPom

We're moving to Melbourne on the 17th September. I moved out there with my parents when I was 9, but have been living back in the UK for the last 10 years, so it'll be nice to go home again.

Nick's never been to Australia so hopefully it won't be too much of a culture shock for him when he gets there. Just hoping he'll be there before Christmas.

Funny as it sounds but I'm looking forward to wearing some jeans and jumpers again as it's not really that warm out there at the moment. Have worn hardly any of my new clothes bought in the sales due to the warm weather (bought mainly jeans and boots)

Regards
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 10:19 pm

According to my Ozzie wife make good use of the shops and Sales before you come back here. Clothing (other than flannos) costs more.

I hate shopping so I don't give a damn.

Good luck to you and keep saving the evidence as in 2 years you will go through an easier repeat of it all.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Jaykay&Nick,
Well done you two we're now green with envy.
Hey Bondipom whats the evidence you have to save for the next two years?(please)
cheers all Chris
Old Aug 24th 2003, 3:35 am

Same stuff as for the first visa but it seemed so much simpler.

Required 2 x 888 stat decs from Australian Permanent Resident or Citizens. Certified copy of proof of residency or citizenship is needed.

2 x stat decs from yourself and partner.

Your home phone no, and both of your mobile and work nos if you have them.

form 80 for applicant.

police certificate from Oz Federal Police

For evidence I provided 3 joint bank statements from arrival here to now, superannuation statements with each other as the death beneficiary, travel itinererary, registration of car in both names, a phone bill and joint car insurance. I also supplied wedding photos, holiday photos and photos of us with family.

They should send you all the forms you need including stat dec forms for you and your partner 3 months before the decision is due. You must keep DIMIA infomed of any change of address or you will miss your forms.

The evidence needs to be certified copies which a JP can do. JPs can also witness stat decs.

I have some overseas travel coming up which I had to state to prevent them from making a decision whilst overseas.

I posted the forms on the Saturday and on Tuesday I got a call from the case officer saying that they will delay the decision until I return from overseas. They cannot make the decision until 2 years after the initial application in the UK.

In theory it sounds like a done deal but I will find out when I get back from holidays.

It all seemed so much easier than the first time.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bondipom
Same stuff as for the first visa but it seemed so much simpler.

Required 2 x 888 stat decs from Australian Permanent Resident or Citizens. Certified copy of proof of residency or citizenship is needed.

2 x stat decs from yourself and partner.

Your home phone no, and both of your mobile and work nos if you have them.

form 80 for applicant.

police certificate from Oz Federal Police

For evidence I provided 3 joint bank statements from arrival here to now, superannuation statements with each other as the death beneficiary, travel itinererary, registration of car in both names, a phone bill and joint car insurance. I also supplied wedding photos, holiday photos and photos of us with family.

They should send you all the forms you need including stat dec forms for you and your partner 3 months before the decision is due. You must keep DIMIA infomed of any change of address or you will miss your forms.

The evidence needs to be certified copies which a JP can do. JPs can also witness stat decs.

I have some overseas travel coming up which I had to state to prevent them from making a decision whilst overseas.

I posted the forms on the Saturday and on Tuesday I got a call from the case officer saying that they will delay the decision until I return from overseas. They cannot make the decision until 2 years after the initial application in the UK.

In theory it sounds like a done deal but I will find out when I get back from holidays.

It all seemed so much easier than the first time.
BondiPom

Is this for both Subclass 309 and 100 or just 309?

Nick got a Subclass 100 in his visa so I'm not sure we have to go through this process (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Regards
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:09 am

I can speak for a 309 which is provisional. If you have permanent you are sorted.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:39 am
Jaj

Default Re: Yippee!! 22 Days to Process Spouse Visa

There's no second stage if you are granted the subclass 100 visa at
the outset. Provided you don't let your PR lapse and have to get it
by re-applying, of course.

Jeremy

>Is this for both Subclass 309 and 100 or just 309?
    >Nick got a Subclass 100 in his visa so I'm not sure we have to go
    >through this process (but please correct me if I'm wrong).
    >Regards
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction