Default yet another medical question

when i go for my medicals (which is on 20th may)will the doctor tell me if
they are alright or not ,or do i have to wait for weeks agonizing over the
prospect i,ve failed.

any help please
thankyou

Old May 9th 2005, 6:53 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yet another medical question

Originally Posted by Paul
prospect i,ve failed.

any help please
thankyou
We were lucky to have a great panel doctor that told us everything.
Some people aren't so lucky.
I guess it's just pick of the draw.
Marie
Old May 9th 2005, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Ours told us that we were all fit and healthy and that we had all passed.
Donna
Old May 9th 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

prospect i,ve failed.

any help please
thankyou
Mine told me it was all okay.
Old May 9th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

prospect i,ve failed.

any help please
thankyou
They can tell you if you have a full bill of health, but they don't actually make the decision whether you have 'passed' or not - the DIMIA do this.

Chances are if you have no health issues then you'll pass!
Old May 9th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
They can tell you if you have a full bill of health, but they don't actually make the decision whether you have 'passed' or not - the DIMIA do this.

Chances are if you have no health issues then you'll pass!

Don't worry. Firstly, if you had anything wrong with you which would result in an outright fail you would most probably know about it now! The tests are quite basic and your Dr unless he is a real ahole (like mine was!) he/she will discuss everything with you. Certainly if something does come to light he must disclose this to you. To make sure ask about anything you are unsure about! Remember it's your medical, you are paying for it and he is only recording observations. CMO in Australia tick the final box to confirm that you have passed. If you expect to live for more than 5 years then chances are you will walk it!

best of luck

Rob
Old May 10th 2005, 10:06 am
stephied30

My partner's doctor told him everything was OK but like Briz-chick said
they can't go as far as saying that you have 'passed' as it's up to
DIMIA to confirm this.

Old May 10th 2005, 1:22 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
We were lucky to have a great panel doctor that told us everything.
Some people aren't so lucky.
I guess it's just pick of the draw.
Marie

Ours told us everything even to the point that our CO would definately request more info on a couple of things.
He gave us the choice of sending the meds anyway or getting the extra info the CO would request and sending it all.
We got hold of the other info just incase the CO requested it, this way hopefully it#ll be right first time.
Marie
Old May 11th 2005, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

prospect i,ve failed.

any help please
thankyou
As others have mentioned, your doctor doesn't make the final decision, Sydney do that. Your doctor will make a "class A"/"class B" recommendation at the end of the medical and you should be able to ask about anything he found that could impact that choice.

Cheers,
Brian