Yes, yet another TRA

Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes, yet another TRA

Hi All

Just thought I'd let you know our rollercoaster ride this morning.

Got up earlyish to ring TRA. I checked my email and there was one from my agent.
She said she had spoken to the TRA yesterday and our assessment had been completed on the 5th August and word should be with us in the next few days.
At last I though, but wait a minute, what was the result?
I emailed back to my agent and waited 10-20 mins for a reply.
I checked the time and realised TRA would still be open.
We gave them a call. After about 10 mins of holding we got through. We gave them our file number. Then she said the case went on the system on 5th May and is still waiting for assessment.
WHAT!!!!

We then decided to call our agent in Sydney to find out what was going on.
Apparently the TRA are giving out a standard reply to stop people ringing up after being told about their assessment and asking where their result letter is.
Panic slightly over. She went onto say that the post out of Canberra is terrible and on par with our post at the moment.
So we just need to be patient for a few more days.
She is very hopeful of a positive assessment as if the TRA fail you they always ask for further information first. They haven't so fingers crossed.

For all you lot out there awaiting your assessments she did give me a bit of info.
DIMIA decided that all overseas students need to have their skills assessed. This caused the TRA to have an extra 60,000 assessemnt to look at. No suprise then that they are taking so much longer to get through them all.

Good luck to everyone waiting and hope we all hear very soon.

Graham
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes, yet another TRA

Good news Graham, fingers crossed the result will be with you shortly!!! Now you nearly there to get onto the next waiting list!

[
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi All

Got up earlyish to ring TRA. I checked my email and there was one from my agent.
She said she had spoken to the TRA yesterday and our assessment had been completed on the 5th August and word should be with us in the next few days.
We gave them a call. After about 10 mins of holding we got through. We gave them our file number. Then she said the case went on the system on 5th May and is still waiting for assessment.
WHAT!!!!

Apparently the TRA are giving out a standard reply to stop people ringing up after being told about their assessment and asking where their result letter is.
Panic slightly over. She went onto say that the post out of Canberra is terrible and on par with our post at the moment.
She is very hopeful of a positive assessment as if the TRA fail you they always ask for further information first. They haven't so fingers crossed.

For all you lot out there awaiting your assessments she did give me a bit of info.
DIMIA decided that all overseas students need to have their skills assessed. This caused the TRA to have an extra 60,000 assessemnt to look at. No suprise then that they are taking so much longer to get through them all.

Graham
great news Graham so you should hear something next week then i bet the next few days are going to be the worst yet.

thanks for the info about the back log though at least we know whats going on now

Debs xx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:17 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Yes, yet another TRA

Hi Graham,

Glad you are near the end of your long wait!!!!!

Let us all know when you officially get your good news!

Rob

Hi All

WHAT!!!!

Graham
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Smile Re: Yes, yet another TRA

Hi All

WHAT!!!!

Graham
Thanks for the info Gravyman. good news for you. they told us we'd hear in the next 2-3 weeks, here's hoping.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it seems like good news, but a bloody answer would have been preferable!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nonetheless, looks like a pos result is to be expected..................Keep us posted, thinking of you........
Lesley
xx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettytweena
I know it seems like good news, but a bloody answer would have been preferable!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nonetheless, looks like a pos result is to be expected..................Keep us posted, thinking of you........
Lesley
xx

Thanks Lesley

By the way are you the same Lesely on the Poms in Perth site.
If so I've sent you a PM.

Graham
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:43 pm
joveazey

Thumbs down Re: Yes, yet another TRA

I posted this message on Monday morning and nobody answered !! Am I really in trouble or have you all just got fed up of TRA ??

Monday's Message

I've really messed it up now. Phoned TRA at 5am to ask about application. The girl wouldn't tell me anything because she said she could only talk to Mark (fast asleep) or the agent. I told her that the agent was away for 3 weeks and we thought the app may be processed before she was back and we wouldn't know what was going on. She said that the app. has been looked at and it should be done in the next couple of weeks (standard response I suppose). Anyway, I woke up at 7.30 and did a very silly thing, I decided to phone and pretend to be the agent to find out more information, after all it is OUR application. What were the chances of getting the same girl ??? You guessed it, she said "did you phone earlier". Blagged my way out of it, pretended I was a colleague of the agent who is on hols. She still wouldn't tell me anything except that it should be finalised in the next couple of weeks.

Do you think she will note this call on our file and will it go against us ???

JO

Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:52 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joveazey
I posted this message on Monday morning and nobody answered !! Am I really in trouble or have you all just got fed up of TRA ??

Monday's Message

I've really messed it up now. Phoned TRA at 5am to ask about application. The girl wouldn't tell me anything because she said she could only talk to Mark (fast asleep) or the agent. I told her that the agent was away for 3 weeks and we thought the app may be processed before she was back and we wouldn't know what was going on. She said that the app. has been looked at and it should be done in the next couple of weeks (standard response I suppose). Anyway, I woke up at 7.30 and did a very silly thing, I decided to phone and pretend to be the agent to find out more information, after all it is OUR application. What were the chances of getting the same girl ??? You guessed it, she said "did you phone earlier". Blagged my way out of it, pretended I was a colleague of the agent who is on hols. She still wouldn't tell me anything except that it should be finalised in the next couple of weeks.

Do you think she will note this call on our file and will it go against us ???

JO
Hi
Sorry I can't give you the professional answer but I really wouldn't worry about it its done now and can't see why it'll go against you there must be others who have called more than once and just deny pretendeing to be your agent! I think they do give out a standard response as they are too busy to check out everyone who is calling (sounds like the response we used to give out at when I worked for our local council) but I wouldn't call again in case they throw your application out the window ONLY KIDDING
How long have you be waiting?
Kay
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:05 am
joveazey

Wink Re: Yes, yet another TRA

Thanks for your answer Kay, I was starting to feel like an outcast ! We sent the application on 20th April (17 weeks yesterday) and they receipted it on 30th April.

Jo

Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:53 am

Thanks for your answer Kay, I was starting to feel like an outcast ! We sent the application on 20th April (17 weeks yesterday) and they receipted it on 30th April.

Jo
Hi

I know it feels like it but you've not been waiting that long really although out agent is still saying they are taking 3 months to process if you look up previous threads re TRA waiting times they are taking 4-5 months. I think its due to the back log hope you hear something soon. Where are you planning on emigrating to?

Kay
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:30 am
joveazey

Talking Re: Yes, yet another TRA

Kay,

The thing is, we shouldn't have to pay more to fastrack if it is going to take nearly 6 months anyway ! We are hoping to go to Perth. Mark's sister and family live there and so does his cousin and her family. We went for a month at Christmas and fell in love with the place. What about you ?

Jo

Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:27 pm

Kay,

The thing is, we shouldn't have to pay more to fastrack if it is going to take nearly 6 months anyway ! We are hoping to go to Perth. Mark's sister and family live there and so does his cousin and her family. We went for a month at Christmas and fell in love with the place. What about you ?

Jo
Hi
Yeah totally agree although god knows how long the ones who haven't paid for fast track are waiting would be really annoyed if it works out the same!!
We are applying for STNI to Tasmania. We stayed with my partners cousin in Perth for 6 months last year decided to emigrate but not enough points lost out on some cos of my partners age so looked into the STNI visited Tas loved it and decided its the place for us.
Kay
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:10 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We only posted ours on 6th August but feels like months ago...

I am looking on the bright side that once the kids go back to school it's not long til half term, Halloween and Bonfire night and hopefully our result will be back around then (if not before!)

We have fast tracked by the way, havent received any acknowledgment yet but assume it got there on the 13th, so hope to hear something soon...
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
We only posted ours on 6th August but feels like months ago...

I am looking on the bright side that once the kids go back to school it's not long til half term, Halloween and Bonfire night and hopefully our result will be back around then (if not before!)

We have fast tracked by the way, havent received any acknowledgment yet but assume it got there on the 13th, so hope to hear something soon...
Hi
I guess we'll have to get used to waiting after the results come for TRA (if positive) we have to ask Tasmania for sponsership which our agent says can take 1-2 months then lodge DIMIA which takes 8 months.
Kay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.