years of experience but no qualifications

Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

South g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default years of experience but no qualifications

Hi ALL,

I have around 10 years experience as a plasterer, i have no formal qualifications but good refs, i have not been working in the trade for about 3 years due to moving to Africa, but have been doing some private jobs in-between my current occupation.

I'm worried about spending R 2 500 on an application for tra if i have no chance of getting through it.

I have a lot of knowledge and would be prepared to study for Australian qualification if need be when i get there.

I would like to go STNI route to South Australia as i did points test and don't qualify for SI, I have around 100 points, I'm 35 as is my wife, 2 small children age 5 and 9, I have British citizenship, wife South African.

I have been working in my current job for 3 years and is only 40 point occupation on SOL and is not in demand in SA.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE ADVISE, i know the agents have to make a living and if i were certain of getting a visa would not have a problem paying them, maybe i should just use one for TRA.

Regards

South g
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:24 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: years of experience but no qualifications

Many agents will give a free initial assessment of your ability to migrate. It is possible to hire an agent to help only with the TRA bit, if you are feeling confused it could be worthwhile.

*Edited as I didn't read the original post very carefully!*

Last edited by saraliz; Oct 13th 2004 at 2:31 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 3:09 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: years of experience but no qualifications

Best guy to talk to is Glenn Newton (Former head of TRA)

You can get hold of him at www.gomatilda.com

The best man for the job to assess your skills!

Rob

Originally Posted by South g
Hi ALL,

I have around 10 years experience as a plasterer, i have no formal qualifications but good refs, i have not been working in the trade for about 3 years due to moving to Africa, but have been doing some private jobs in-between my current occupation.

I'm worried about spending R 2 500 on an application for tra if i have no chance of getting through it.

I have a lot of knowledge and would be prepared to study for Australian qualification if need be when i get there.

I would like to go STNI route to South Australia as i did points test and don't qualify for SI, I have around 100 points, I'm 35 as is my wife, 2 small children age 5 and 9, I have British citizenship, wife South African.

I have been working in my current job for 3 years and is only 40 point occupation on SOL and is not in demand in SA.

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE ADVISE, i know the agents have to make a living and if i were certain of getting a visa would not have a problem paying them, maybe i should just use one for TRA.

Regards

South g
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Best guy to talk to is Glenn Newton (Former head of TRA)

You can get hold of him at www.gomatilda.com

The best man for the job to assess your skills!

Rob
Thanks for the advice will contact him
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saraliz
Many agents will give a free initial assessment of your ability to migrate. It is possible to hire an agent to help only with the TRA bit, if you are feeling confused it could be worthwhile.

*Edited as I didn't read the original post very carefully!*
thankyou

South g
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:39 am
ROOFER

roofer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by South g
Hi ALL,

Regards

South g
HI SOUTH G,

READ YOU POST, MY PARTNER AND I ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, MY PARTNER IS A ROOFTILER/SLATER 40 YRS OLD WITH OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADE, BUT HAS NO APPRENTICESHIP PAPERS, HE WORKED FOR 10 YRS FOR A BIG ROOFING COMPANY, HAS BEEN SELF EMPLOYED AS WELL.

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERENA
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roofer
HI SOUTH G,

READ YOU POST, MY PARTNER AND I ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, MY PARTNER IS A ROOFTILER/SLATER 40 YRS OLD WITH OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADE, BUT HAS NO APPRENTICESHIP PAPERS, HE WORKED FOR 10 YRS FOR A BIG ROOFING COMPANY, HAS BEEN SELF EMPLOYED AS WELL.

SERENA
Thanks for the Encouragement, I most certainly will go for it have you posted tra yet, i'm still organising refs etc and writing an essay on what i do on an average job

regards

South g
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: years of experience but no qualifications

Originally Posted by roofer
HI SOUTH G,

SERENA
Speak to migration agent if you have 20 yrs roofing experience you will not need any apprenticeship papers you have a lot of experience which will count for more you need to get all work experience information together (times, dates) whom you worked for past and present employers.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: years of experience but no qualifications

Why don't you use a agent who offers NO VISA - NO FEE.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:19 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Because if you read the fine print you will usually find that a no visa = no fee "guarantee" doesn't offer a great deal.

Furthermore, any registered agent who is complying with the MARA Code of Conduct ought not take on a visa application that has little or no chance of attaining visa grant.

Also, you will find that such a policy tends to be offered only by newer/less experienced agents.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by chris96
Why don't you use a agent who offers NO VISA - NO FEE.