British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   X Ray question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/x-ray-question-535115/)

rubbeldiekatz May 8th 2008 8:03 am

X Ray question

Quick one, are the x rays sealed when you receive them and do you get them straight away ?

Cheers guys

taylor25 May 8th 2008 8:08 am

Re: X Ray question

can depend where you have it done, i had mine at local hospital and was given them straightaway sealed (you are not to open them) and i had to take it to the medicals, but my partner couldnt make it that day to due to work and he ending up at a private hospital (still on list but just more expensive) and they couriered it to the doctors where we had our meds so it was there waiting on the day.

hope thats helps

rubbeldiekatz May 8th 2008 9:09 am

[QUOTE=taylor25;6322220]can depend where you have it done, i had mine at local hospital and was given them straightaway sealed (you are not to open them) and i had to take it to the medicals, but my partner couldnt make it that day to due to work and he ending up at a private hospital (still on list but just more expensive) and they couriered it to the doctors where we had our meds so it was there waiting on the day.

Thanks mate, Im getting my one done at that joint on 501 swanston st, melbourne... had them done there before but cant remember whether you get them straight away ?

Does anyone know ?

rubbeldiekatz May 8th 2008 10:36 am

anyone ?

tessabella May 8th 2008 10:38 am

Hiya,

My fiance and I had orus done at Iaklands in salford. They sealed them after 3 doctors verified them, and then we paid the postage and they posted them for us so it was all done right away. some hospitals can send them digitally, which is quicker but ours is still a paper application rather than online.

Bella xx

Nu-Shooz May 8th 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz (Post 6322653)
anyone ?

We never saw ours. They were sent to OZ by the doctor.

badassbrickie May 8th 2008 11:00 am

just wondering while this thread is active...my OH has had a chesty cough for about 2 months and am worrying, would this show up on xrays?

Nu-Shooz May 8th 2008 11:04 am

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 6322747)
just wondering while this thread is active...my OH has had a chesty cough for about 2 months and am worrying, would this show up on xrays?

My MIL's cancer never showed up on the xray, so i doubt a chesty cough will.

rubbeldiekatz May 8th 2008 12:11 pm

Thanks to all of you, guess Ill find out tomorrow.....I´ll let you know....