The wrong year/birth cert

Old May 8th 2005, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

anne&ralph is on a distinguished road
Question The wrong year/birth cert

I have just had my son's Birth Certificate returned and it has be noticed that the year of birth stated on it is different from his actual DOB, on his application and passport. The error is on the full length version, I have never noticed or had this noticed by anyone before. I have to send back an amended one to my co, can I send the small version that i have as this has the correct year on it. The reason I am asking is that the local Registration office where the orginal certificate was issued said that this could take between 3-4 wks to sort out and replace. We only have 3 weeks left before my other sons 18th Birthday, when the whole spouse/dependant visa rules may change because of his age.
Thank you
Old May 8th 2005, 3:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The wrong year/birth cert

Originally Posted by anne&ralph
I have just had my son's Birth Certificate returned and it has be noticed that the year of birth stated on it is different from his actual DOB, on his application and passport. The error is on the full length version, I have never noticed or had this noticed by anyone before. I have to send back an amended one to my co, can I send the small version that i have as this has the correct year on it. The reason I am asking is that the local Registration office where the orginal certificate was issued said that this could take between 3-4 wks to sort out and replace. We only have 3 weeks left before my other sons 18th Birthday, when the whole spouse/dependant visa rules may change because of his age.
Thank you
DIMIA will generally need the long form birth cert as this indicates the parent-child relationship. You can always try asking the CO about the short form, but don't hope for much.

You need to get this fixed very urgently - get in touch with the registrars and try to impress on them the urgency of the situation.

If it's not going to be fixed before your other son turns 18, you need to speak to a good agent immediately to ensure he is not refused a visa. He may need to leave employment before he turns 18 if he's not in full time education.

In fact you should get professional advice on the dependency issue immediately as a fall-back in case you can't sort out the birth cert issue.

Jeremy
Old May 8th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Paul the spark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The wrong year/birth cert

Thank you
Our agents have told us we have to send the full certificate to prove the parents of each child.

I would go to Registrars Office personally. I am sure when you explain the circumstances they will do it urgently. I used to have contact with the Registrars in Manchester when I was working and despite often being given time limits I always got info within days.

Good luck

Jo
Old May 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
It's probably one of those cases that if you are prepared to pay for it, they will rush it through. Explain your circumstances and hope that you don't catch someone having a bad day!

Good luck

Binbird
Old May 8th 2005, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

when we apply for are kids birth cert,it only took 10 mins to do. and we lived in morecambe and had to go to lancaster to have it done.
it was about 7.00 pound full birth cert.
i would gave them a ring or just go down with your child.

hope this help

ann marie