Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Worry wart!!!! No letter of acknokledgement

Worry wart!!!! No letter of acknokledgement

Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Worry wart!!!! No letter of acknokledgement

Help please,
submitted my prospective marriage visa 3 weeks ago and as yet have still not received a letter of acknowledgement(told 5 - 10 days)with a file number so I cannot send on additional evidence and Police clearance - Phoned AHC and was told they dont deal with queries over the phone and would have to email.
Have emailed twice now with no response and I'm starting to panic a bit!!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:18 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Worry wart!!!! No letter of acknokledgement

John, Did you send it by recorded delivery, do you know if it actually arrived!?? There does seem at times to be a big difference in processing times of partner visas in London. Don't panic too much, keep emailing, if there was something wrong with your application they probably would have written to you for more information by now. Have they taken the application fee out of your account yet??
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:38 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
Help please,
submitted my prospective marriage visa 3 weeks ago and as yet have still not received a letter of acknowledgement(told 5 - 10 days)with a file number so I cannot send on additional evidence and Police clearance - Phoned AHC and was told they dont deal with queries over the phone and would have to email.
Have emailed twice now with no response and I'm starting to panic a bit!!!!!!

Hi there,
We tried e-mailing AHC several times and we never get a response.
We did try faxing and someone phoned us. They said faxing should only be for emergencies, but as you haven't has an acknowledgement yet after 3 weeks, I'd consier that urgent!!
It might annoy them mind!
The fax number I used was 0207 887 5864.
Good luck!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:44 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

This is what they say in the Australia House website .....

Processing Times

In most cases applications will be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt at this office. In peak season (December to March) this may extend to 10 working days.

If you have not had any communication from the London office 10 days after lodging your application, you may send an e-mail to the firstenquiries address below. Status reports on applications that have been received fewer than 5 days previously will not be provided.

E-mail: [email protected]

So definitly keep on at them because your acknowledgement should have been received 11 days ago by their reckoning!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:53 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default slow

Yes you should have heard by now, as BKate says check your bank account, they took my money two days after the REGISTERED package arrived there, after seeing the documentary about how the post operates in London I can't beleive you didn't register it for delivery, if you did go on the royal mail website and it will tell you the exact time they signed for the package.......keep e mailing their response time is either slow or never, pretty poor on that front......but yes you should have heard within a week at present.....
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BKate
John, Did you send it by recorded delivery, do you know if it actually arrived!?? There does seem at times to be a big difference in processing times of partner visas in London. Don't panic too much, keep emailing, if there was something wrong with your application they probably would have written to you for more information by now. Have they taken the application fee out of your account yet??
I know they have the application as it was recorded delivery - The DIMIA fee was alreadt paid in Australia as was out there recently
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:21 am
Paddington Brisbane

So you paid the fee whilst in Australia, how did that work? I can't believe they won't talk to you on the phone it's not as if it's only been a few days it's been three weeks!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:01 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough

did you pay London while in Oz, as that might be whats gone wrong, if you paid in Oz they might be waiting for the cash before proceeding but even then they should have contacted you re payment etc.........ring again, e mail again......WE need to know.....
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

So you paid the fee whilst in Australia, how did that work? I can't believe they won't talk to you on the phone it's not as if it's only been a few days it's been three weeks!!
Paid fee to my agent who paid fee to DIMIA in Brisbane I included the receipt in the application. The Girl got really shitty with me on the phone said they dont deal with queries over the phone I would have to email - I told her I had emailed on fri she replied we dont work weekends - I sais it was friday morning i sent it - she replies we dont state that we will reply the same day - when i enquired how long it would take for them to respond she says dunno depends on their workload - how helpful is that!!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kiwiloverjohn
did you pay London while in Oz, as that might be whats gone wrong, if you paid in Oz they might be waiting for the cash before proceeding but even then they should have contacted you re payment etc.........ring again, e mail again......WE need to know.....
paid agent who paid Dimia in brisbane the receipt was included in the application. they still should of got in contact to say there was a problem with the payment though??????

Have faxed them now as well so lets see if that gets a quicker response
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:11 pm
Paddington Brisbane

I know they have a job to do but they don't realise how crucial these decisions are to peoples lives!! Don't know what else to suggest apart from just keep emailing! So you have an agent? Are they doing any chasing up?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:26 pm

we were also told that if we e mailed that would SLOW DOWN the processing of our application.....as if to say if you bother us we'll put you through more misery..........i have emailed our case manager twice and she never responds............
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know they have a job to do but they don't realise how crucial these decisions are to peoples lives!! Don't know what else to suggest apart from just keep emailing! So you have an agent? Are they doing any chasing up?
Thanks - emailed her this morning but cos of the time difference she wont read till late tonight - so will keep u posted
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kiwiloverjohn
we were also told that if we e mailed that would SLOW DOWN the processing of our application.....as if to say if you bother us we'll put you through more misery..........i have emailed our case manager twice and she never responds............
Thats ridiculous though i- f they were doing the job on time I wouldn't be emailing them and hounding them. I work for a magistrates Court and if we treated people like that we would be for the high jump.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:07 pm
Paddington Brisbane

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear soon, keep us updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.