Workpermit.com

Old May 29th 2002, 10:20 pm
Matthew Legg

Default Workpermit.com

Hi,

Has anyone used this company?

I decided that as getting PR is of great importance to me I would use this agency to
do my entire application for me (ACS and DIMIA) as they offer a no-win no-fee
guarantee. However, after a load of emails to and from the company I am having
trouble seeing what I'm going to get for my money (£1500).

I have completed my RPL in it's entirety and have already gotten all of the
certified documents that are required by the ACS and according to Workpermit.com,
everything is fine. I was under the impression that as my degree is not IT related
but I have the required experience in the field I would need to do the RPL however
WP have said "I think we should go ahead with the regular ACS skills assessment now,
and then if they require the RPL we can send them what you have already prepared for
it".... Surely I will fail this and then have to pay a repeat fee to do the RPL??? I
don't really want to wait 10 weeks for the assessment to fail and then have to do
another 10 for the RPL.

On top of that, I had always gotten the impression that the DIMIA application was the
easy part once you had ACS acceptance so the question
is..... What benefits am I going to see from WP.Com? As far as I can work out they
are not going to make any modifications to my RPL and are just going to forward it
on to the ACS which is surely a waste of money from my point of view. I then
thought that maybe they physically presented the DIMIA application when the time
came but it appears that they don't do that either and I'll still be subject to
exactly the same waits.

Am I wasting my money if I pursue this route? In the grand scheme of things £1500
isn't a lot of money but if it's a totally un-neccessary expense should I just do it
myself? Getting it right is important to me but I don't want to hand over this kind
of money just for someone to be the worlds most expensive postman....

Matt