Working with Uncle in Australia

Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

kieranoneill is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Working with Uncle in Australia

Hello all,

I had a Working Holiday Visa a couple of years ago which enabled me to work in Australia for a year, I came back to the UK after 6 months due to unforseen circumstances.

My Uncle has offered for me to work with him at his skydiving academy in WA (WA Skydiving Academy) and I really want to go but I have already used a Working Holiday Visa.

I've had a look at the options and it seems the only way is for him to sponsor me but I am not on the Skilled Occupation List. I beleive this option is only viable if you are on this list

I'm 21 years old, I really want to work with him in WA and it seems I have no options. This is really upsetting and I hope that someone in this forum could shine some light

I have no criminal convictions and currently work as an IT and Server engineer but do not hold any qualifications in this field apart from an NVQ Level 2 (currently doing an NVW Level 3) - I doubt Australia would even bat an eyelid at an NVQ

What are my options?

Many thanks in advance

Kieran
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working with Uncle in Australia

Originally Posted by kieranoneill
What are my options?

Many thanks in advance

Kieran
Your best option is to get a qualification in something you like doing and in a few years see if you qualify for a visa. You're only 21, and Australia is not going anywhere.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

All countries have immigration controls and nobody can just up sticks and move to wherever they fancy. You really must not allow yourself to find these things "really upsetting" or you are going to spend your life feeling disappointed about things that other people consider really quite normal.

So to your question, if the job is not on the skilled occupation list (SOL or CSOL) then employer sponsored visas 457 and 186 are out of the question. There is another sponsored visa, the 187 however it needs a certain skill level and not that sky diving isn't skilled but I cannot imagine that it would meet the requirements for this visa either.

Even if you still had the WHV option, you could only work for your uncle for six months. Perhaps you could get a student visa and work for him part time for six months if that is all you want to do.

As to whether you can qualify for any other visa now or in the future, you should review the skills lists and read around on www.immi.gov.au. use the search function to read about "skill select" and in particular the 189, 190 and 489 visas. In some occupations, in some circumstances, experience can replace formal qualifications.

You are young and plenty of time yet to find a route to Australia, to be honest few 21 year olds have options other than the WHV.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kieranoneill
Hello all,

I had a Working Holiday Visa a couple of years ago which enabled me to work in Australia for a year, I came back to the UK after 6 months due to unforseen circumstances.

My Uncle has offered for me to work with him at his skydiving academy in WA (WA Skydiving Academy) and I really want to go but I have already used a Working Holiday Visa.

I've had a look at the options and it seems the only way is for him to sponsor me but I am not on the Skilled Occupation List. I beleive this option is only viable if you are on this list

I'm 21 years old, I really want to work with him in WA and it seems I have no options. This is really upsetting and I hope that someone in this forum could shine some light

I have no criminal convictions and currently work as an IT and Server engineer but do not hold any qualifications in this field apart from an NVQ Level 2 (currently doing an NVW Level 3) - I doubt Australia would even bat an eyelid at an NVQ

What are my options?

Many thanks in advance

Kieran
Did you do 3 months regional work on your first WHV?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Your uncle wouldn't be able to sponsor you anyway, the minister for immigration has vowed to stamp out rorts starting employers sponsoring family & friends on 457 visas.