Working requirements

Old May 23rd 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough
Default Working requirements

We are on 475 visas and the requirement to gain PR is to work full time (35 hours or more) for 12 month in a 'regional area'.

If you are on temporary or contract jobs, weeks with Bank Holidays are these included ? Also, are you entitled to 4 weeks holiday during that year and these count ?

Anybody had experience of this or spoken to the DIAC to query ? I've tried getting through to the DIAC but their phone lines are really busy.

Even if you meet the criteria, the documentation says 'you may qualify for PR' - anybody being rejected ?
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

stufi1997 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working requirements

I queried this a short while ago, the answer I got was you have to be in paid work 35 hours a week for 52 weeks and holidays and sick days don't count unless you're paid for them, the 35 hours must be worked by 1 person but can be made up of up to 3 jobs....hope this helps Fiona
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stufi1997
I queried this a short while ago, the answer I got was you have to be in paid work 35 hours a week for 52 weeks and holidays and sick days don't count unless you're paid for them, the 35 hours must be worked by 1 person but can be made up of up to 3 jobs....hope this helps Fiona
hi,
I have IELTS overall 6 band I want to applye for 475 as concessional english program offered by NSW do you think it is good to get the provisional visa or should I set for another ielts test
Old May 25th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stufi1997
Are Public Holidays really excluded so you are required to work a year and 10 weeks if you are a temp/contractor ?
Old May 25th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

stufi1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it does, yes if you don't work them and don't get paid them....my husband is self employed and I asked if we could count christmas and was told unless he works the hols or gets paid for them they don't count..must be 35 hours a week for 52 weeks. good luck fiona