Working Holiday visa then change to 136?

Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:11 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Question Working Holiday visa then change to 136?

Sorry - another question!

I plan to go out to Australia on a working holiday visa, then after a few months apply for the 136.

I think I can apply whilst in Australia but will I have to leave Australia for the 136 to be granted?

Will they tell me when I have to leave and for how long until I can return to Australia?

What about getting medicals done etc?

Thank you for any help!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:51 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Working Holiday visa then change to 136?

Please, is there anyone out there who can help?! Thank you.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday visa then change to 136?

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi there,

Another option, and you do not need to leave country, is doing
inexpensive career training, students visa gives work rights

However a student visa is not permanent residence. It also costs a lot of money in course fees and work rights are only part time (during term).
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:03 am
WS

Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ws99
Sorry - another question!

I plan to go out to Australia on a working holiday visa, then after a few months apply for the 136.

I think I can apply whilst in Australia but will I have to leave Australia for the 136 to be granted?

Will they tell me when I have to leave and for how long until I can return to Australia?

What about getting medicals done etc?

Thank you for any help!

1. Yes you can apply while in Australia on a WHV.

2. Yes you will have to leave Australia for the 136 to be granted

3. Yes they will tell you when the pre-grant is ready and you will have 28 days to advise them of your travel arrangements to leave Australia (NB - you don't have to leave within 28 days but you need to tell them when you will be leaving)

4. No - they will not tell you how long before you can return because you can return as soon as you have the 136 visa in your passport (but of course will need to return before the latest validation date).

5. Depending on your occupation (eg healthcare, teaching) you may need a medical for your WHV. There is some variation as to whether this will then be accepted for PR - mine was accepted earlier this year but subsequently others have been refused.
So if you do need a medical for the WHV you would be better off doing the medical as if it were for PR rather than WHV - it should then be accepted for both.

If you don't need a medical for the WHV then you would be better off doing the medical once you're in Australia - which is easy enough to arrange in any of the bigger centres. Just remember to bring with you any reports etc if you have any significant medical history.

Lastly note that there is no bridging visa available for the 136 visa so if it isn't processed by the time your WHV expires you will have no option but to leave Australia anyway.

Last edited by mvt550; Jun 18th 2006 at 10:18 am.