Working Holiday Visa Questions

Old May 8th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Working Holiday Visa Questions

Hi,

My sister is planning on coming to Australia on a working holiday visa, staying with us initially and then hopefully going travelling.

Does anyone know if she would need a return ticket and if she needs to have a minimum amount of funds? I am prepared to support her and pay for her return ticket if necesary (I am on PR visa).

Cheers,
WW
Old May 8th 2011, 9:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday Visa Questions

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
Hi,

My sister is planning on coming to Australia on a working holiday visa, staying with us initially and then hopefully going travelling.

Does anyone know if she would need a return ticket and if she needs to have a minimum amount of funds? I am prepared to support her and pay for her return ticket if necesary (I am on PR visa).

Cheers,
WW
She might be asked about funds, though its pretty unusual for a Brit - if you're willing to say you'd back her up with funding if necessary then that should be enough. WHV holders don't have to have a return ticket, as they are usually here for a year at least, she just needs to be able to show that the funds are there to buy one as and when necessary - again if queried about it, presumably she can say you would help her out.