working on bridging visa?

Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of
Default working on bridging visa?

Hi. Vege here.

Can someone please advise as to whether someone can work in Oz on a bridging visa?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate all answers!

Cheers,
Vegemite
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: working on bridging visa?

hi

i dont think a bridging visa has any work rights, hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong, not much help really am i
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Hairart,

(interesting username, btw! )

Thanks for replying, it's appreciated.

Good luck,

Vege.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're on a Bridging Visa you can work full time. PaulandNic were on a student visa, allowing them to work 20 hours a week. Once the course was finished and the application for PR was in, they went on to a Bridging Visa and were entitled to work full time. PM him or email him. He'll be happy to give more info.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MoneyPen,

THANKYOU!!! You're a darlin'. I'll PM them.

Vege.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:45 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

The bridging visa carries the same conditions as the last visa held. So, for example, if the last visa you held before the bridging visa was a visitor visa then you would have no work rights. On the other hand, if the last visa you held was a working holiday visa, you would be allowed to work while on the bridging visa (but only for a maximum of six months with one employer). In the example moneypen30 has given, the couple had previously held a student visa so were entitled to work full-time while the course is not in session while on their bridging visa.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou! I really appreciate this.

Cheers,
Vege.