Working In Australia

Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV Working In Australia

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Thank you All for your advice and words of caution.

Trust me when I say, I am not taking anything for granted or expect anything other than to successfully comlete my course and have learned a new trade, and one, at the present time, is in high demand.

When I said about contacting Employers after the course, that was what I was told/advised to do by a fully qualified, fully licensed Migration Agent. I mean, it can't hurt, and i I am unsucessful, then I will simply return to the Uk, hopefully get a job in my new trade and get a years or so experienced behind me, and then try again for a Skills Visa thingymybob
Nothing ventured nothing gained, at least you're going into it with your eyes open
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Working In Australia

Do you need experience For a visa or just a qualification?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 2:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Do you need experience For a visa or just a qualification?
Depends on which visa and which trade!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 4:05 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default Good Luck!!

You can do it, well informed & skilled UK citizen that you are and with a relative Down Under, the chances are even better to ford any & all changes that may occur....you will directly be able to apply for PR if it is a 2 year long course, if not, you will have to work out the details with your Agent & Sister!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good Luck!!

Originally Posted by chapkenv
You can do it, well informed & skilled UK citizen that you are and with a relative Down Under, the chances are even better to ford any & all changes that may occur....you will directly be able to apply for PR if it is a 2 year long course, if not, you will have to work out the details with your Agent & Sister!
As far as I am aware. . . 2 year approved course, job ready programme (more $$'s too and needed 4 TRA) and 1 year work experience.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:07 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default work exp waiver

the recent work exp reqmnt can be waived if the 2 year Australian Qualification is completed fairly recently (check how much on DIAC website under minimum basic requirments for skilled migration) prior to the date of PR visa application..
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work exp waiver

the recent work exp reqmnt can be waived if the 2 year Australian Qualification is completed fairly recently (check how much on DIAC website under minimum basic requirments for skilled migration) prior to the date of PR visa application..
What PR visa do you believe somebody can apply for after completing a brick laying course?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:38 am
chapkenv

op seems to be well informed and may already have skills on the SOL, and is only wishing to augment or satisfy the minimal PR reqmnts by way of 2 yr study or 1 yr study + 1 yr apprenticeship, i guess the thread has spun enough already and it's best for o.p to decide based on the forum's and his near and dear's advice...unsubscribing now...thanks
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

op seems to be well informed and may already have skills on the SOL, and is only wishing to augment or satisfy the minimal PR reqmnts by way of 2 yr study or 1 yr study + 1 yr apprenticeship, i guess the thread has spun enough already and it's best for o.p to decide based on the forum's and his near and dear's advice...unsubscribing now...thanks
You are a liability to immigration forum.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:38 am
chapkenv

wrong call Bermudashorts - we'll let the o.p be the best judge of that - my writing ability is superior to yours and the analytical one might be even more so - i have many standardized test scores (at first attempt) to back my claim, as well of 10 to 15 posts that attracted viewership through responses written by me which were encouraging/ informative to the o.p - so why don't you please kiss your dogma goodbye ? thanks...

Last edited by chapkenv; Feb 19th 2012 at 5:44 am.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wrong call Bermudashorts - we'll let the o.p be the best judge of that - my writing ability is superior to yours and the analytical one might be even more so - i have many standardized test scores (at first attempt) to back my claim, as well of 10 to 15 posts that attracted viewership through responses written by me which were encouraging/ informative to the o.p - so why don't you please kiss your dogma goodbye ? thanks...
Right.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

wrong call Bermudashorts - we'll let the o.p be the best judge of that - my writing ability is superior to yours
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but it isn't.

So handily illustrated by:

and the analytical one might be even more so -
What does that mean?
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

lol @ chapkenv..
Old Feb 19th 2012, 11:44 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

What possibly gives you the impression that your writing ability is superior to Bermudashorts'? Based on your inability to use capital letters/spell/use punctuation correctly? So far, I am yet to see you give someone correct advice. Just because people have viewed your comments, it doesn't make them correct. You have assessed your posts as informative/encouraging - I've seen little evidence of anyone else seeing them as such. I agree with Bermudashorts' assessment.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 10:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

May I politely request that you stop with these sort of posts please? They are incorrect, rude and pointless. This is the Immigration Forum, if you wish to make irrelevant chit chat, I would point you in the direction of The Barbie.

Good luck to the OP, you seem to have it worked out so thread closed.