Workforce Solutions from London Expo

Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice
Default Workforce Solutions from London Expo

Hi

Following the March London Expo and the Workforce Solutions stand. I just wondered if any of you who received an emailed application to fill in and email back, if you had a confirmation that it was received by them or have heard anything about the next stage?

We have emailed ours back and also asked how soon we would need to get the webcam and headset for the interview but haven't heard back.

Would like to know if your all in the same boat or got any further.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all
Default Re: Workforce Solutions from London Expo

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Hi

Following the March London Expo and the Workforce Solutions stand. I just wondered if any of you who received an emailed application to fill in and email back, if you had a confirmation that it was received by them or have heard anything about the next stage?

We have emailed ours back and also asked how soon we would need to get the webcam and headset for the interview but haven't heard back.

Would like to know if your all in the same boat or got any further.
Hi Dawn,
We received the email but didn't reply as I felt they wanted too much information with very little from them about what they do. We got an email yesterday saying that they had a server problem and weren't sure if everyone had got their email, and to reply if we were interested.
Flix
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flixy
Hi Dawn,
We received the email but didn't reply as I felt they wanted too much information with very little from them about what they do. We got an email yesterday saying that they had a server problem and weren't sure if everyone had got their email, and to reply if we were interested.
Flix
Hi Flix

Thanks for getting back me. We also got the email about server problem but they didn't get back to me when I responded with questions.

We still sent the forms back as any hint of sponsorship for us is worth following up as we are not on the skilled list.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

i filled in the packs as requested and also followed up by phoning, i spoke to richard, i think that was his name, i found him ok to speak to and he told me the basic truths, he works for the aus side of things and they then deal with companies, ie supplying correct labour, the visa side is dealt with by the companies and he did not ask for any money. it all seemed ok, my take is that if a company wants to sponsor you then they would want to now as much as possible in the initial selection process. it took a few hours but it could be worth a lot more in the long term, after all the info is only basic stuff and not financial. he also said it takes about 8-10 days to go through all the paperwork there end. anyway thats how i see it, i may be wrong!!!!!!!!
john
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnknight001
i filled in the packs as requested and also followed up by phoning, i spoke to richard, i think that was his name, i found him ok to speak to and he told me the basic truths, he works for the aus side of things and they then deal with companies, ie supplying correct labour, the visa side is dealt with by the companies and he did not ask for any money. it all seemed ok, my take is that if a company wants to sponsor you then they would want to now as much as possible in the initial selection process. it took a few hours but it could be worth a lot more in the long term, after all the info is only basic stuff and not financial. he also said it takes about 8-10 days to go through all the paperwork there end. anyway thats how i see it, i may be wrong!!!!!!!!
john
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and letting me know your experience. I guess it's just a waiting game now but at least one that holds a chance of sponsorship.

Good luck with your application.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Workforcesolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone who has replied so far......

I hope both myself, Byron and Ben (they were their Sunday as I was called away for personal reasons) in the ridiculously small amount of time we had with applicants, explained a little about us.

We have had to send out a dump e-mail to all the candidates that applied and who went through our initial assessment. I fully understand your frustrations with the system, but genuinely we are a legitimate company looking to both sponsor people under 457, and also place people into clients who already have PR. I hate non-personal e-mails the same as anyone else.

Please please call me on the office number on the e-mail I sent out to those who recived one if you want any re-assurance. For those who want to see me face to face, then simply skype me / add me to your contacts richthomas517124

Once agian many thanks for coming and seeing us, at what turned into the bun fight that was the Australia House Show. As an exhibitor, specifically invited to go along by DIAC, we were disappointed that we only had 30 seconds with applicants, even though they had queued for 30 minutes to see us.

Apologies for any confusion caused, but we are working our way through the applications all the time.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Richard Thomas,
Head of Operations Europe
Workforce Solutions QLD pty
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and letting me know your experience. I guess it's just a waiting game now but at least one that holds a chance of sponsorship.

Good luck with your application.
I got this an e-mail today from AUSTRALIANMIGRATION.COM saying this:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us at the Department of Immigration Australia Needs Skills Expo in London on the weekend of 15th and 16th March 2008. We understand that your time was limited but we hope that the expo gave you valuable information in regards to living and working in Australia.

As you met us on the Workforce Solutions stand, they now have your CV if you handed this to us on the day. Workforce Solutions are our client and are based in Brisbane with a full-time representative based in the UK. The representative’s name is Richard Thomas and if Workforce Solutions are interested in you for the purposes of employment opportunities in Australia, then they will be in contact with you direct and may have already been in touch.

It looks like they are dealing with the visa side of things in conjunction with Workforce.But it also says that if I am unsuccessful with Workforce then I'm to send my C.V. to them.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lossiepickle
I got this an e-mail today from AUSTRALIANMIGRATION.COM saying this:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us at the Department of Immigration Australia Needs Skills Expo in London on the weekend of 15th and 16th March 2008. We understand that your time was limited but we hope that the expo gave you valuable information in regards to living and working in Australia.

As you met us on the Workforce Solutions stand, they now have your CV if you handed this to us on the day. Workforce Solutions are our client and are based in Brisbane with a full-time representative based in the UK. The representative’s name is Richard Thomas and if Workforce Solutions are interested in you for the purposes of employment opportunities in Australia, then they will be in contact with you direct and may have already been in touch.

It looks like they are dealing with the visa side of things in conjunction with Workforce.But it also says that if I am unsuccessful with Workforce then I'm to send my C.V. to them.
Hi,

I've also had that email today so I replied with a few questions and shall wait and see if they get back to me.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Workforcesolutions
Thanks everyone who has replied so far......

I hope both myself, Byron and Ben (they were their Sunday as I was called away for personal reasons) in the ridiculously small amount of time we had with applicants, explained a little about us.

We have had to send out a dump e-mail to all the candidates that applied and who went through our initial assessment. I fully understand your frustrations with the system, but genuinely we are a legitimate company looking to both sponsor people under 457, and also place people into clients who already have PR. I hate non-personal e-mails the same as anyone else.

Please please call me on the office number on the e-mail I sent out to those who recived one if you want any re-assurance. For those who want to see me face to face, then simply skype me / add me to your contacts richthomas517124

Once agian many thanks for coming and seeing us, at what turned into the bun fight that was the Australia House Show. As an exhibitor, specifically invited to go along by DIAC, we were disappointed that we only had 30 seconds with applicants, even though they had queued for 30 minutes to see us.

Apologies for any confusion caused, but we are working our way through the applications all the time.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Richard Thomas,
Head of Operations Europe
Workforce Solutions QLD pty
Hi Richard,
Thanks for clarifying things, I was going to ring you, but this may be useful to others if you reply on here. Is it only the 457 visa you deal with? On Wendy's email (australianmigration) it implied that there are the other 2 sponsored pr visas. I was aware of these but got the impression that it's only the 457 that you deal with.
Many thanks
Flix
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply Flix,

We primarily sponsor under 457, however, we also have many people applying to us with 175 / 136 PR Visa either in place, or going through.

We are happy to consider all Visa Holders, because the PR Holders are no different to our Australian Domestic Workers, in that they are free agents. In this capacity we are no different to other recruitment agencies, other than we have a UK Office and contrary to what Wendy has said, a number of recruiters here. Many of you will have met Rhys, Adam, Jo, Claire and Gary at the Emigrate Shows.

We have no formal relationship with AMVL other than they process some of our Visas, and they helped '..man..' our stand at Australia House, when I couldn't be there on Sunday. Where we do recommend them is in the fact that we are not Migration Agents, and as such cannot give you Legal Visa Advice. Its a minefield, that you have to be qualified in. Saying that I often feel that you could go to 10 different Agents, ask the same question, and get 10 different answers.

We one thing I always stress is we are an employer first, a recruiter second, and we are neither a Migration Agency, nor a relocation Agency. We do not charge fees, and our fees are paid by our clients who send us out to different pasrts of the world to fill their vacancies that they simply cannot fill with Australian Domestic Workers.

I hope this helps

Richard
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply Flix,

We primarily sponsor under 457, however, we also have many people applying to us with 175 / 136 PR Visa either in place, or going through.

We are happy to consider all Visa Holders, because the PR Holders are no different to our Australian Domestic Workers, in that they are free agents. In this capacity we are no different to other recruitment agencies, other than we have a UK Office and contrary to what Wendy has said, a number of recruiters here. Many of you will have met Rhys, Adam, Jo, Claire and Gary at the Emigrate Shows.

We have no formal relationship with AMVL other than they process some of our Visas, and they helped '..man..' our stand at Australia House, when I couldn't be there on Sunday. Where we do recommend them is in the fact that we are not Migration Agents, and as such cannot give you Legal Visa Advice. Its a minefield, that you have to be qualified in. Saying that I often feel that you could go to 10 different Agents, ask the same question, and get 10 different answers.

We one thing I always stress is we are an employer first, a recruiter second, and we are neither a Migration Agency, nor a relocation Agency. We do not charge fees, and our fees are paid by our clients who send us out to different pasrts of the world to fill their vacancies that they simply cannot fill with Australian Domestic Workers.

I hope this helps

Richard
Hi Richard,
I have copied a part of the email I was referring to, sorry I didn't have it to hand earlier as it was sent to my OH.

'If you are offered employment in Australia then one of three visas may be utilised. You may have heard of the 457 which is the Temporary Work Permit but you may not be so familiar with the permanent residency options which are the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).'

I understand that you are not agents, but wondered if any of your clients would be willing to use any of the above visas which are less risky for us?

Many thanks

Flix

PS: 10 different Agents, ask the same question, and get 10 different answers How true!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Dear Flix,

Normally we only offer to our clients people with PR Visas in place, or ones where we sponsor under 457.

I know of the other Visas, which are good options for those not guaranteed a PR Visa on the traditional route.

The other Visas I guess would be offered by specific companies, for specific roles that they themselves are doing the Recruitment Process for (but I am summizing there, and its purely a personal thought)?

Bottom line, Workforce doesn't do them

Rich
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dear Flix,

Normally we only offer to our clients people with PR Visas in place, or ones where we sponsor under 457.

I know of the other Visas, which are good options for those not guaranteed a PR Visa on the traditional route.

The other Visas I guess would be offered by specific companies, for specific roles that they themselves are doing the Recruitment Process for (but I am summizing there, and its purely a personal thought)?

Bottom line, Workforce doesn't do them

Rich
Thanks Richard, now it's all clear, I just wasn't too sure on the service you offer and OH didn't ask enough questions for my liking at the expo
I have emailed Wendy for an assessment to see if she can help in our situation, doubtful I guess, but hey - another agent's spin would be interesting!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

debbief444 will become famous soon enough

hi folks,
yes Byron and Ben are from Australian Migration & visa lawyers, they are the agents we are using from Ireland, very helpful.
they must be working in association with workforce solutions???
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Morning everyone

Just wanted to see how far everyone is along with Workforce Solutions and if you all managed to complete the mountains of paperwork!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.