Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

worked in occupation on sol in 12 out of 24!!

worked in occupation on sol in 12 out of 24!!

Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default worked in occupation on sol in 12 out of 24!!

Hi, does this mean that in the last 2 yrs you can have worked in 2 different occupations but so long as they are on the sol list you meet the requirement or does it just have to be that you have worked 12 of the last 24 months in 1skilled occupation on the list! Am i making sense?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: worked in occupation on sol in 12 out of 24!!

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Hi, does this mean that in the last 2 yrs you can have worked in 2 different occupations but so long as they are on the sol list you meet the requirement or does it just have to be that you have worked 12 of the last 24 months in 1skilled occupation on the list! Am i making sense?
if by occupations, u mean "companies", then i dont think there shud be any problem regarding this. If u have WORKED which is in SOL, doesnt matter how many companies you have WORKED
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
From what I understand yes, you can have worked in 2 different occupations as long as both are on the SOL and they add up to 12 months in the last 24 ie: 8 months in one, 4 in the other. obviously make sure you have a referanace from both detailing your main responsabilities and payslips to back it up.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi, i was a brickwork contractor for 16 months in last 24!! 20 yrs as a bricklayer including last few months, i am wondering if i still qualify to apply as don't want to waste my money if i am not, i have emailed the gov website but they just copy and paste text from their website which i have already read but not 100% clear!!