work visa NZ

Old Nov 17th 2003, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

dougann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work visa NZ

Hi all
My husband is lodging a work visa application this week(2 year)
Could anyone who has already done it advise at what stage do i lodge my visa application and the kids student applications, can they all be sent together or do i get mine over there or what?

Thanks yet again:-)
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work visa NZ

Originally posted by dougann
Hi all
My husband is lodging a work visa application this week(2 year)
Could anyone who has already done it advise at what stage do i lodge my visa application and the kids student applications, can they all be sent together or do i get mine over there or what?

Thanks yet again:-)
Hi

I am in same boat. I am lodging my work to residence visa, nurse with job offer, and my husband has to apply for a work visa separately. The kids have to have student and visitors visas depending on age.

I rang NZ house this am and they said that all applicatins should be lodged at the same time. You can put a covering letter in if you want to explain paperwork relating to each app. You only need to send one payment.

I actually can't make head nor tail of the student visa. There is no where to put that she just wants to go to school? And the toddles visitors visa, well! I can't suss if I'm still the principle app or whether it's a child of 4!

Hope you can make better sense of it!!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janweb
I actually can't make head nor tail of the student visa. There is no where to put that she just wants to go to school? And the toddles visitors visa, well! I can't suss if I'm still the principle app or whether it's a child of 4!
Just put 'Local Junior School' where it asks where 'you' will be studying, and put put the same where it asks what course you'll be doing.

The form isn't written with little kid's in mind as it's more for foreign college students etc. But the NZIS will understand what you mean and you should have no problems. I just put down the closest answer relevant to my 10 year old!

Good luck!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

mutznuts1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janweb
Hi

I am in same boat. I am lodging my work to residence visa, nurse with job offer, and my husband has to apply for a work visa separately. The kids have to have student and visitors visas depending on age.

I rang NZ house this am and they said that all applicatins should be lodged at the same time. You can put a covering letter in if you want to explain paperwork relating to each app. You only need to send one payment.

Hope you can make better sense of it!!
Hi janweb dougann
I recntly submitted work visa with student visa for kids,i was in same boat and left most of the application blank when i took forms to nz house they said that leaving schools etc blank was fine.so all you need to put on the forms is kids names and addresses etc.also when you go take proof that you and hubby have been living together for 2 years min.Bills bank statements etc are fine.
regards mutz