Work References for 175 Visa...

Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

kash1m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work References for 175 Visa...

Hi all,

I am preparing all the information required in order to submit a 175 Visa application. With regards to employer references I have a couple of queries/issues:
1. One of the companies that I worked for has gone under (Arthur Andersen)
2. One of the other companies had large round of redundancies and none my management/collegues still work there.

The latest of these jobs was back in 2002, and I have been in continuous employment after the redundancies (my luck has been a lot better since then!) - two jobs, both of which I can obtain references.

What is the normal course of action in this situation? Am I only required to provide references for the pertinent period - that being the last 5 years, or do I need a complete history?

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere - i couldn't find this information.

Regards,

Kashim.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Norman S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work References for 175 Visa...

Originally Posted by kash1m
Hi all,

I am preparing all the information required in order to submit a 175 Visa application. With regards to employer references I have a couple of queries/issues:
1. One of the companies that I worked for has gone under (Arthur Andersen)
2. One of the other companies had large round of redundancies and none my management/collegues still work there.

The latest of these jobs was back in 2002, and I have been in continuous employment after the redundancies (my luck has been a lot better since then!) - two jobs, both of which I can obtain references.

What is the normal course of action in this situation? Am I only required to provide references for the pertinent period - that being the last 5 years, or do I need a complete history?

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere - i couldn't find this information.

Regards,

Kashim.
Hi Kashim,

Generally speaking, if you already have your skills assessment you would need work experience evidence for the last four years at most. The basic requirement is 12 months from the last 24 months of experience in a skilled occupation, and it can then extend out to four years work experience if you are after specific work experience points (3 out of 4 years experience) or MODL points (12 months in the last 4 years in a closely related occupation).

In addition to references, try to obtain payslips and taxation records for any relevant periods.

All the best with your application.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norman S
Hi Kashim,

Generally speaking, if you already have your skills assessment you would need work experience evidence for the last four years at most. The basic requirement is 12 months from the last 24 months of experience in a skilled occupation, and it can then extend out to four years work experience if you are after specific work experience points (3 out of 4 years experience) or MODL points (12 months in the last 4 years in a closely related occupation).

In addition to references, try to obtain payslips and taxation records for any relevant periods.

All the best with your application.
Even I am in confusion whether to submit all certificate (10th,12th, Bachlors, Masters, Any Certifications in or before 2002 or so), reference of job somewhere around 1998.

So we needn't to submit all documents (submitted to ACS) again. We can just submit relevent documents which have last 4 years of experience + ACS assessment.

I hope they trust ACS.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
Even I am in confusion whether to submit all certificate (10th,12th, Bachlors, Masters, Any Certifications in or before 2002 or so), reference of job somewhere around 1998.

So we needn't to submit all documents (submitted to ACS) again. We can just submit relevent documents which have last 4 years of experience + ACS assessment.

I hope they trust ACS.
You raise a good point. The Department are requesting the evidence of work experience submitted to the skills assessment bodies by onshore students to also be provided with the visa application. I have not heard them specifically make a request for offshore applicants like they have onshore applicants, but it could be done.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Norman S
You raise a good point. The Department are requesting the evidence of work experience submitted to the skills assessment bodies by onshore students to also be provided with the visa application. I have not heard them specifically make a request for offshore applicants like they have onshore applicants, but it could be done.
So I think it will be better to upload beforehand and not waste time later on (CO asks for it and we provide). It can delay application processing.

What you suggest Norman ?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Without knowing your specific circumstances it would be negligent to advise one way or the other.

If an applicant has all the documents though, forwarding only the requested documents as soon as the request is received shouldn't cause undue delay.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, you are right.

Actually I am working since 1995 and have lot of reference letters. ACS counted my experience to 7+ years. I have done lots of certifications in the beginning of carrier like JCP,MCSD etc etc.

So I was in confusion to upload them all or just upload specific documents and references from last 4 years.