Work Permit to Permanent Residency (NZ)

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 6:11 am
CMEng

Default Work Permit to Permanent Residency (NZ)

I am currently looking into the task of filling forms and wanted to check that I am approaching this the bestc way.

If I have a valid offer of employment that I then submit as requirement for Work Permit, would I be able to apply for permanent residency upon our arrival to NZ? And if so how long would it take to process?

We do not intend to return to the UK after travelling out and therefore would not be willing to return to the UK after leaving, specifically to complete a form.

Also have Wife and 16 month Son to consider.

Looking for guidance.
Appreciate any thoughts as there seems to be an endless list of forms and guidelines from the immigration office.

Know the following as facts
1 We will relocate as part of a job offer.
2 We do not intend to return to the UK.
3 I should currently meet the entry point requirements.

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 8:19 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you can travel to NZ to work and then apply for PR when you are there, lodging your application with the nearest NZIS office. Current reports indicate 6 months Auckland, shorter processing time elsewhere in NZ.

Cheerrs - Don