Work Experience - need clarification

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice
Angry Work Experience - need clarification

I have searched various websites but cannot find the answer to this:

I have been employed as Office/Finance Manager for 12 years. I am currently studying NVQ 3 Business Administration which I hope to finish in Aug. I was then going to submit to Vetassess for Office Manager (40 points) and when/if accepted send off application to Dimia for 139 visa. Does work experience count only from the date of passed qualifications or is it irrelevant when exams passed on a 139 visa? Can my 12 years experience count?

Many thanks in advance
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Experience - need clarification

Originally Posted by Hel&Will

I have been employed as Office/Finance Manager for 12 years. I am currently studying NVQ 3 Business Administration which I hope to finish in Aug. I was then going to submit to Vetassess for Office Manager (40 points) and when/if accepted send off application to Dimia for 139 visa. Does work experience count only from the date of passed qualifications or is it irrelevant when exams passed on a 139 visa? Can my 12 years experience count?

Many thanks in advance

Get professional advice on this subject. Using pre-qualification work experience can be a grey area, and you need to be aware that DIMIA will look quite closely to see if your work experience is really "skilled" as opposed to in a related semi-skilled or clerical occupation.

Are you aware that the 139 visa is likely to be closed to new applicants on 1 July? It will be replaced with a temporary visa that has more restrictions (you'll likely need to live for three years in the same area as your sponsor in order to get permanent residence).

Is this your only visa option?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks in advance

Hi
Keep us informed how you get on I'm in the same position as you, hopefully going to see an agent on how I can progress!!!! I'll update you if I find out an answer to our question
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Get professional advice on this subject. Using pre-qualification work experience can be a grey area, and you need to be aware that DIMIA will look quite closely to see if your work experience is really "skilled" as opposed to in a related semi-skilled or clerical occupation.

Are you aware that the 139 visa is likely to be closed to new applicants on 1 July? It will be replaced with a temporary visa that has more restrictions (you'll likely need to live for three years in the same area as your sponsor in order to get permanent residence).

Is this your only visa option?
I have continued to search and still cannot find anything that states work exp for a 40 point has to be after quals - so I am a little confused. I would be able to supply promotion letter, change of contracts and payslips showing salary etc. I am hoping that if this is ok I can get nvq assessed and main app in before 1st July deadline. This is sooo frustrating as every time I take a step forward I seem to go 2 back! We only score 105 points with my work experience (husband got quals but no experience). We are planning to stay in the same area as sponsor anyway but would obviously prefer the pr status then temp status. Are they actually closing 139 visa or amending benefits?

many thanks again
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:35 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

I have continued to search and still cannot find anything that states work exp for a 40 point has to be after quals - so I am a little confused. I would be able to supply promotion letter, change of contracts and payslips showing salary etc. I am hoping that if this is ok I can get nvq assessed and main app in before 1st July deadline. This is sooo frustrating as every time I take a step forward I seem to go 2 back! We only score 105 points with my work experience (husband got quals but no experience). We are planning to stay in the same area as sponsor anyway but would obviously prefer the pr status then temp status. Are they actually closing 139 visa or amending benefits?

many thanks again
Dear H+W,

Some case officers look askance at work experience gained prior to graduation but it depends on how clear your evidence is that you're working in a skilled occupation. Normally this is an issue more likely to affect people with less work experience than you in the particular occupation.

The 139 visa subclass will probably be closed and replaced with another visa like the SIR visa, which will have a number like 49x.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

So George, I thought the work experience for the 139 was a less requirement. When I asked the DIMIA they said as long as you have worked on the SOL for a year and you can prove it then the work requirement is not as important as some of the other factors of a 139. Is this true?

I have just sent in the last bits (tax form and such) to Adelaide.

hugs Lace xxx
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:57 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
So George, I thought the work experience for the 139 was a less requirement. When I asked the DIMIA they said as long as you have worked on the SOL for a year and you can prove it then the work requirement is not as important as some of the other factors of a 139. Is this true?

I have just sent in the last bits (tax form and such) to Adelaide.

hugs Lace xxx
Hi Lacey,

Asking DIMA is a minefield unless you get the name, rank and serial number of the person doing the telling.

For a 139, people with 60 point assessed occupations only need to prove six months of work experience in a SOL occupation. But in every case, work experience is just as important as proving the relationship with the sponsor, showing where the sponsor lives, verifying documentation, and so it goes.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers George, well I have done all that I think cos they only wanted two things off me so I suppose I am over that hurdle eh!

Just have to look at my tax returns now and a stat dec from my defacto's misses and there we have it. I am hoping they have had a good night before hand lol.

hugs L x
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:32 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by lacey21
Cheers George, well I have done all that I think cos they only wanted two things off me so I suppose I am over that hurdle eh!

Just have to look at my tax returns now and a stat dec from my defacto's misses and there we have it. I am hoping they have had a good night before hand lol.

hugs L x
Hi Lacey,

What they've done the night before has nothing to do with it.

In your shoes my favourite case officer would be one who had a whiskey for breakfast and kept on drinking :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wish George

lol

L x