Work experience

Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work experience

Hi,

Would a P60 or a P45 be required to show as evidence in the 3 years working question?

What exactly does a P60 and a P45 show? Can a P60 show the length of time you have been working?

Cheers in advance
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work experience

P45's are given out when you leave an employer, the purpose is to give to your new employer so they can deduct your tax correctly for the remainder of the tax year.

P60's are given out at the end of each tax year and summarise your earnings and tax paid for the tax year.

I don't think these documents will show your dates worked and you would get one even if you did not work the full year so they are not going to prove three years employment. All they can do is support your salary figure. You need to get references to prove your employment for the relevant period.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
P45's are given out when you leave an employer, the purpose is to give to your new employer so they can deduct your tax correctly for the remainder of the tax year.

P60's are given out at the end of each tax year and summarise your earnings and tax paid for the tax year.

I don't think these documents will show your dates worked and you would get one even if you did not work the full year so they are not going to prove three years employment. All they can do is support your salary figure. You need to get references to prove your employment for the relevant period.
Thank you

So, which one should i submit, a P45 or P60?

Thank you
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by briggs
Thank you

So, which one should i submit, a P45 or P60?

Thank you
P60 is more use than a P45, but neither will prove your work experience alone. You will need pay slips/ contracts/ references etc. If you have these documents then there is no need to submit the p60
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hereshoping
P60 is more use than a P45, but neither will prove your work experience alone. You will need pay slips/ contracts/ references etc. If you have these documents then there is no need to submit the p60
I have a reference, a contract, and a few wage slips from the employments i have been working in. Would this be sufficent?

Also, I have done a statutory declartion for one of the companies i worked for, for 3 months, as they have gone bankrupt now, and cant get a reference. Would a statutory declaration alone be ok for this?

Thank you
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have a reference, a contract, and a few wage slips from the employments i have been working in. Would this be sufficent?

Also, I have done a statutory declartion for one of the companies i worked for, for 3 months, as they have gone bankrupt now, and cant get a reference. Would a statutory declaration alone be ok for this?

Thank you
You should try to back up the one you have made a statutory declaration for with as much as you can, i.e. do the wage slips cover this employment or bank statements.

Does the reference you do have cover the right info, like dates worked and duties of role?

If so, it sounds like you are on the right track. I believe the CO could ask for more info if they want to so I would send as much as you can.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You should try to back up the one you have made a statutory declaration for with as much as you can, i.e. do the wage slips cover this employment or bank statements.

Does the reference you do have cover the right info, like dates worked and duties of role?

If so, it sounds like you are on the right track. I believe the CO could ask for more info if they want to so I would send as much as you can.
The references i have at the moment are written for immigration, with the dates and salary etc.

But i do not have any other evidence to back up my statutory declaration, as my bank account is shut down now, and i threw all my wage slips away as i finished this job in 2005.

What can i do?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The references i have at the moment are written for immigration, with the dates and salary etc.

But i do not have any other evidence to back up my statutory declaration, as my bank account is shut down now, and i threw all my wage slips away as i finished this job in 2005.

What can i do?
Hmm sorry I have to pass now. Actually I am in a very similar situation in having trouble backing up salary received as I have closed my bank account and didn't get payslips as it was tax free environment

Will have to wait for one of the experts to come by I think. Perhaps it will be ok as it is only a three month gap. Mine is two years!