work experience

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all
Default work experience

im a motor mechanic so job is on the list to get 60 points but to get an extra 10 points for work experiance its says.
you have worked in your nominated occupation, or a closely related 60 point occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), for at least three (3) of the four (4) years immediately before you apply,
i have been self employed for the last 2 year so will i have 2 give evidence of that plus my previous job for the year before i went self employed.....

chris
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:03 am
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all
Default Evidence for at least 2+2 years just in case...

As it can be a bit trickier to provide evidence for a period of self-emplyment than for a period of regular employment, I would advise you to actually arrange evidence for at least 2 years from your previous work. This shorten the period of self-employment that you have to account for to 1 year - but you should still try to provide as much evidence as possible for the full time you have been self-employed to minimise any risks. Remember there is also the requirement for recent work experience. Good luck!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

chris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to allchris34uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Evidence for at least 2+2 years just in case...

Originally Posted by >40
As it can be a bit trickier to provide evidence for a period of self-emplyment than for a period of regular employment, I would advise you to actually arrange evidence for at least 2 years from your previous work. This shorten the period of self-employment that you have to account for to 1 year - but you should still try to provide as much evidence as possible for the full time you have been self-employed to minimise any risks. Remember there is also the requirement for recent work experience. Good luck!
hi the only thing is if i shorten my self employment down to 1 year would they not no from the tra
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:23 pm
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all
Default Re: work experience

I'm sorry if I was a bit unclear in my posting, but my advise was actually not to shorten your self-employment period, but instead to supply evidence of enough regular employment to fill up at least four years in total (and not only three). This is just to have a bit of a safety margin in the unlikely event that some work period is questioned by DIAC for any reason.