work checks company now closed

Old May 6th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Coulsons will become famous soon enoughThe Coulsons will become famous soon enough
Default work checks company now closed

Hi
we are a couple of months into our application my husband is a toolmaker he left his company before xmas as work was begining to dry up and found something else to tide us over, we have found out this week they have closed down and selling up, my worry is when we have a case officer will they phone/write to this company as there will no longer be any one there,husband had worked there for 11 years so we had a good reference from them, is this enough or is there an thing we should do?
Thanks
Debbie x
Old May 7th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice
Default Re: work checks company now closed

Hi Debbie

Does his reference detail his start/finish dates and detail the work he did ?

Do you have pay slips from them ?

Would it be possible to contact them and tell them what you're doing and ask if they would be able to give you a letter to state that they've closed down ?

I think the more stuff you have the better.

I don't have a case officer yet - but several of the other who do have had to provide evidence of employment.

Melbourne
Old May 7th 2008, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

the brammers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My OH is a toolmaker, He has been made redundant twice companys closing.

He got statutory declarations from the Plant manager and Someone he had worked with over the years in the same jobs the other job he got made redundant from he got the guy he worked with to write a statutary dec from him to and we had to get them signed by a lawyer.

Hope this helps

if you need anymore info pm me and i will pull the stuff out that my OH used.

sharon
Old May 7th 2008, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Coulsons will become famous soon enoughThe Coulsons will become famous soon enough

Hi
Thanks for the replies i think i will try and get another letter from them its just that the job he is doing now is unrelated to the visa but i've heard thats ok if in a two year time period i was just curious to know what sort of checks they need to do
Debbie