Wooo-hoooo! Got It!

Old May 26th 2004, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Zoe&Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wooo-hoooo! Got It!

Yellow envelope arrived this morning from Adelaide....
....Visa Grant, it says!!!

Skilled Independent (136) applied on 29/09/03 (not front-loaded, no MODL, no AU$100k, no sponsor, no relatives, nothing apart from our own age, english, skill and occupation points - although I like to think that my 5 point "spouse skills" made all the difference - that and my tactical use of file dividers and indexing in our application!)

Character and health checks requested on 29/03/02 (6 months later) and sent on 18/05/04, and get this, Visa granted 3 days later on 21/05/04. First trip to Australia before April 05.

We really weren't expecting to hear anything until July, at least.
A bit of a shock to say the least.

We had better work out what to do next....probably a validating trip in October at which time we'll see where we fancy settling.

What am I going to tell my mother? Then there's the cat to move, and not to mention our jobs, flat....PANIC!!! It's a good sort of panic though!

Best of luck to everyone waiting - you'll get there I'm sure.
Old May 26th 2004, 10:13 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wooo-hoooo! Got It!

Originally posted by Zoe&Mike

Skilled Independent (136) applied on 29/09/03 (not front-loaded, no MODL, no AU$100k, no sponsor, no relatives, nothing apart from our own age, english, skill and occupation points - although I like to think that my 5 point "spouse skills" made all the difference - that and my tactical use of file dividers and indexing in our application!)

Character and health checks requested on 29/03/02 (6 months later) and sent on 18/05/04, and get this, Visa granted 3 days later on 21/05/04. First trip to Australia before April 05.

We had better work out what to do next....probably a validating trip in October at which time we'll see where we fancy settling.

What am I going to tell my mother? Then there's the cat to move, and not to mention our jobs, flat....PANIC!!! It's a good sort of panic though!

CONGRATULATIOOOOOOONNNNNNSSSS MATE

You can't believe how jealous i am right now.....
Old May 26th 2004, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, howz'at for a first post. Well done, I'm really jealous.

All the best

Lindseyxxxx
Old May 27th 2004, 1:39 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats......friend.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:15 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Way to go! Enjoy your time in Australia.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:25 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Wooo-hoooo!
Good on yer. First post and all.
Don't let all those worries stop you partying tonight!
Old May 27th 2004, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all

Congratulations both. Have a wonderful new life.
Old May 27th 2004, 6:36 am
oozie04

Hello Zoe & Mike,

Best of luck for the life ahead in ozzie.. and please do keep us posted about your new life.... 1 post is not enough to share your experiences with us though.....

Regards

ozzie04

Old May 27th 2004, 9:31 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

CONGRATULATIONS! I am a bit pi*%ed though - I posted our bond money on the 17th and have not heard a sausage. I feel an email to a certain case officer coming on...
Old May 27th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Zoe and Mike. Hope You have a great new life down under. Wish it was me.

Jayne
Old May 27th 2004, 1:11 pm
Very happy member !!!

bubcay is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats !!!

That was superb. You must have a great case officer.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Congrats
Old May 28th 2004, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations................!

Wish you all the best for new life.

Seek for job opportunities during validation trip.
Old May 29th 2004, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Zoe&Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your support and advice.
Our case officer was Jonathon Trainer, and obviously, is a star!
Looks like we're destination Melbourne and Sydney come October, and will use that short trip to decide which place suits us best. Difficult in such a short time, but I think we know what we're looking for....good chances of getting jobs, good weather, good food, and good company.
All advice is welcome!
Old May 29th 2004, 9:09 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.