Will we have to leave the country ?

Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will we have to leave the country ?

Hi all,

We are within arms reach of PR at last. I have gone from Student Visa to 457 and am, hopefully, about to get an ENS visa.

Do we have to leave Aus to go from 457 to ENS ? I have heard mixed opinions on this.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Will we have to leave the country ?

Originally Posted by elmtree
Hi all,

We are within arms reach of PR at last. I have gone from Student Visa to 457 and am, hopefully, about to get an ENS visa.

Do we have to leave Aus to go from 457 to ENS ? I have heard mixed opinions on this.

Thanks in advance.
I believe the visa you are looking for is 856 (onshore) nomination by employer. I really dont know if you need to leave Oz before it is granted. Here is a link I have found for you http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:06 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We've just got onshore ENS from a 457 so I can confirm you have to be onshore when it is granted. My husband was out of the country when it was ready so we had to wait until he was back.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

angelarnika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elmtree
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
If you applied for a subclass 121 ENS you must be offshore if 856 onshore.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wilson01
I believe the visa you are looking for is 856 (onshore) nomination by employer. I really dont know if you need to leave Oz before it is granted. Here is a link I have found for you http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/
like i said earlier!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:09 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wilson01
like i said earlier!
Angelarnika was indicating there is a difference between onshore the 856 and for which you professed not to know about re needing to leave the country and the offshore 121.

The rule of thumb is
Apply for an onshore visa and be onshore for granting.
Apply offshore and you have to be offshore for granting.

There are a couple of exceptions.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my 856 yesterday....and I was defo onshore and thne on beer, on wine and on champers.

For 121 you can be onshore when you apply, but need to go offshore for the grant.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:20 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Just got my 856 yesterday....and I was defo onshore and thne on beer, on wine and on champers.

For 121 you can be onshore when you apply, but need to go offshore for the grant.
Sounds like a great day Rodger!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 6:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer

There are a couple of exceptions.
Like when? I've never heard of an offshore visa being granted onshore or an onshore visa being granted offshore.

Can you post links to your examples of exceptions?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Like when? I've never heard of an offshore visa being granted onshore or an onshore visa being granted offshore.

Can you post links to your examples of exceptions?
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...options-nz.htm
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...w-to-apply.htm
I did not specify what the exceptions were for.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody asked about New Zealand citizens or spouse visas, though. The question was related to ENS. Your statement was confusing in that you said there were exceptions.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:53 pm
Banned

Nobody asked about New Zealand citizens or spouse visas, though. The question was related to ENS. Your statement was confusing in that you said there were exceptions.
At that point in the discussion you might note it is a general statement re
Rule of Thumb
On one hand a statement to say it was the situation for all cases would not have been true.
I did not post the links initially because the exceptions are not directly connected with ENS though I have not checked on New Zealanders applying for an ENS.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:57 pm
Still alive

At that point in the discussion you might note it is a general statement re
Rule of Thumb
On one hand a statement to say it was the situation for all cases would not have been true.
I did not post the links initially because the exceptions are not directly connected with ENS though I have not checked on New Zealanders applying for an ENS.
Your statement that there were exceptions was misleading. It had nothing to do with ENS. Why bother posting something if it has nothing to do with the original question? It does nothing but confuse further already confused posters.

As per the guidelines for posting in this section, I would ask that you keep threads on topic and not post misleading or off original thread topic posts.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:37 pm
Banned

Your statement that there were exceptions was misleading. It had nothing to do with ENS. Why bother posting something if it has nothing to do with the original question? It does nothing but confuse further already confused posters.

As per the guidelines for posting in this section, I would ask that you keep threads on topic and not post misleading or off original thread topic posts.
The thread topic was about a need to go offshore or not and several posts in the discussion mentioned various aspects re onshore/offshore.

I would disagree that posting the truth about onshore/offshore is far from off topic or confusing.

And how can the truth be misleading!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

The thread topic was about a need to go offshore or not
The thread topic was about: "Do we have to leave Aus to go from 457 to ENS ? I have heard mixed opinions on this." (see OP's post)

Your statement about exceptions therefore was misleading. And as nobody asked about New Zealand citizens or spouse visas those links were confusing - and off-topic.

My guess is that you just forgot what the initial question was and got a bit carried away ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.