will my plan work?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Emily2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down will my plan work?

I am an Canadian citizen and planning to move to Australian soon.

I am recently doing the job search and it looks like that several companies I have talked are willing to sponsor me. However, before making any final decision, I want to go and see the place first.

I have two questions:

1. Visit Sydney by ETA. Then see the city and the company. Assume that I can get the sponsorship while I am there, can I wait there for my 457 before I work?

I will go with a return ticket. Just wondering whether this could work legally.

2. I separated with my husband for more than one year and I just started to file the divorce. I moved in with my boyfriend two months ago.

If my divorce is not final by the time I get my visa 457, is there a way that my boyfriend can get a visa so that he could work?

We are both over 35 so we can not use working holiday visa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Emily
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will my plan work?

Have you looked into whether you could qualify for skilled migration, which would give you permanent residence (or a clear pathway to this) from the outset?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Emily2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My job is on the SQL

My job is on the SQL and I may be able to get the PR from outside. My points are 110, but I think I meet all the requirements for the regional sponsorship.

For me, the issue is the timing: applying for PR outside of Australia takes 7 months+6weeks skill assessment + 4 weeks NSW regional sponsorship. I am wishing to leave within two months.

Thank you,

Emily
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will my plan work?

You should get some good professional advice immediately so that you do not unintentionally make yourself ineligible to migrate on a skilled basis.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:17 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My job is on the SQL

Originally Posted by Emily2008
My job is on the SQL and I may be able to get the PR from outside. My points are 110, but I think I meet all the requirements for the regional sponsorship.

For me, the issue is the timing: applying for PR outside of Australia takes 7 months+6weeks skill assessment + 4 weeks NSW regional sponsorship. I am wishing to leave within two months.

Thank you,

Emily
Similar to JAJ advice; if you want to live in Australia PERMANENTLY then do not undermine your ability to do that simply because you want to arrive QUICKLY.