Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Will my ou degree be recognised in early years?

Will my ou degree be recognised in early years?

Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

lparker15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will my ou degree be recognised in early years?

I have just finished my level 3 diploma in children and young people. I'm now looking at doing the foundation degree with the open university and then doing the BA honours degree. Will these qualifications allow me to then emigrate to Australia as a skilled worker or on a 457 visa? And how many years work experience would I need?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will my ou degree be recognised in early years?

Originally Posted by lparker15
I have just finished my level 3 diploma in children and young people. I'm now looking at doing the foundation degree with the open university and then doing the BA honours degree. Will these qualifications allow me to then emigrate to Australia as a skilled worker or on a 457 visa? And how many years work experience would I need?
A skilled worker at what?....do you have a core profession?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, as a childcare coordinator. I am a teaching assistant at the moment but as far as I'm aware this is not on the sol list. So I'm hoping to gain experience that would allow me to work as childcare coordinator. Are you able to get the 457 visa as teaching assistant if you get sponsorship? Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, as a childcare coordinator. I am a teaching assistant at the moment but as far as I'm aware this is not on the sol list. So I'm hoping to gain experience that would allow me to work as childcare coordinator. Are you able to get the 457 visa as teaching assistant if you get sponsorship? Thanks
Most teaching assistants are voluntary here as far as I know so you would not get sponsored for that.

Most people asking about child care coordinator work on here have been nursery nurses so you would need to check the requirements for that.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks for your advice
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Ok thanks for your advice
I am no expert just commenting based on what has come up on here before....you may be better talking to a registered agent