will Flooding Affect Visa Applications

Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light
Default will Flooding Affect Visa Applications

Just a thought. Does anybody think that the terrible flooding an Brisbane and the surrounding areas will have any affect on current Visa applications, both permanent and temporary. I am thinking anything other than some delays with applications being dealt with in Brisbane because of office closures etc. Do we think that they may put on hold issuing any Visa's until the full impact of the floods is felt?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: will Flooding Affect Visa Applications

Originally Posted by chrissystevo
Just a thought. Does anybody think that the terrible flooding an Brisbane and the surrounding areas will have any affect on current Visa applications, both permanent and temporary. I am thinking anything other than some delays with applications being dealt with in Brisbane because of office closures etc. Do we think that they may put on hold issuing any Visa's until the full impact of the floods is felt?
Far more important that people are rescued and safe. Visas can wait,
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light

It was only a question, based on something that somebody had asked me. Don't waste you precious time responding if the question offends you that much.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

It was only a question, based on something that somebody had asked me. Don't waste you precious time responding if the question offends you that much.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the right to reply!!!!!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry chrissystevo, but I agree with desert-rat, your question is terribly insensitive at a time like this.

That you can even think about a small possible delay in visa processing times when people are dead, missing and homeless beggars belief.

You might find a fair few people offended by your thread.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Is it insensitive for the news associations to report on the possible food price increases because of the flood? Is it insensitive for commentators to discuss the impact that the flood will have on coal mining and its knock on effects for share prices etc?

And for you information Bermudashorts I have spent a number of hours the last few days on the phone to friends in Brisbane speaking to them and worrying about their situations. Also, I am not worrying about a delay to an application.

Perhaps some people should get off their moral high horses and realise that I posted a simple immigration query in the immigration section of a public forum.

Last edited by chrissystevo; Jan 12th 2011 at 9:39 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The DIAC office in Brisbane is unlikely to be closed for more than a couple of days.Water peaked lower than expected and as most paperwork is scanned onto computer fairly quickly these days of the office were unservicable applications would be dealt with elsewhere. For the same reason, if your case officer is dead, missing, or homeless and away from work, I'm sure they will find another one to process the case.

As a public servant myself, I'm well aware of how expendable we are
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Pollyana,

Thanks for the reply to the question.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana,

Thanks for the reply to the question.
Current announcment on www.immi.gov.au

Brisbane office closure

Due to flooding in Brisbane, the DIAC Brisbane office is closed until further notice. Please do not attend the Brisbane office. If you have an urgent immigration matter, please contact the department on 131 881.