Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Wife's Ventricular Septal Defect-VSD (Heart)

Wife's Ventricular Septal Defect-VSD (Heart)

Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Danaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant future
Default Wife's Ventricular Septal Defect-VSD (Heart)

Hi There,

I have been offered a job in Melbourne and my family and I have all agreed that it is on all our best interest to leave London and start a new life.

I am quite new to all of this and have done quite a lot of research, but there is one thing that is worrying me.

My wife has a minor heart defect called Ventricular Septal Defect-VSD. She has absolutely no problems or symptoms from it and the doctors have said that she will never really have any problems from it. I was wondering could this cause a problem with our visa application.

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife's Ventricular Septal Defect-VSD (Heart)

Does she have any medication for it? Even if she does, the medical Dr will note that she has no problems or symptoms from it so don't worry. I guess if they are concerned, your medical may be sent to Australia 1st which takes time......

I don't think it's a reason to question putting in an application though....I had a couple of what I thought were medical issues (one with my heart) and my medical went through no problems.

HTH

Good luck with the application - been in Geelong for 2 months and loving it!!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:29 am
Banned

Indyan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danaamatrix
Hi There,

I have been offered a job in Melbourne and my family and I have all agreed that it is on all our best interest to leave London and start a new life.

I am quite new to all of this and have done quite a lot of research, but there is one thing that is worrying me.

My wife has a minor heart defect called Ventricular Septal Defect-VSD. She has absolutely no problems or symptoms from it and the doctors have said that she will never really have any problems from it. I was wondering could this cause a problem with our visa application.

My advise would be to get as much of information about the illness and probably even a Doctors' letter and submit it alongwith your medicals... This is just so that they have a better understanding of her illness ...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danaamatrix
Hi There,

It depends on what visa you are applying for. A temp visa has different medical criteria than a permanent visa. On a temporary visa you are not eligible for Medicare, so therefore the criteria are not as strict. On a perm visa every case is looked at for potential costs to the Australian taxpayer in order for a decision to be made.

Take some time to speak to an agent who is experienced with medical issues. Peter Bollard is one who is recommended quite often. You can do a search of the forum for his contact details.