Wikiposts

Why leave Australia?

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 7:06 pm
Chris

Default Re: Why leave Australia?

"pommie bastard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > There are many, many more British inventions and discoveries which I have not
    > recorded above. The list is almost endless.

What was your source, by the way? The snipped list was full of punctuation, so it
was obviously from somewhere other than yourself; which is why I ask. I would expect
Britain, and many other wealthier, larger nations to have proportionately larger
quantities of invention - which they do. However, in answer to your idiotic
question: "What Australia invention", you have been provided with a thorough reply.

Chris

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 8:39 pm
Terry R Brooking

> You've got to watch these Aussies claiming Kiwi achievements as their own! They'll
    > tell you Phar Lap was an Aussie horse, pavlova, an Aussie dessert, and Crowded
    > House, Dragon, Holly Vallance, Russell Crowe, Fred Hollows,
Sir
    > Joh Bjelke-Petersen and Derryn Hinch will be claimed as Ockers as well! THEY"RE ALL
    > KIWIS! (Well - born in NZ anyway).

You forgot me! :-)

--
Regards -Terry

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 8:44 pm
Terry R Brooking

> Yes you are right , I myself do regret stealing that loaf of bread hanging would
    > have been better than transportation,getting new ball and chain soon only had 300
    > lashes so far there are people who would pay for this.

Sounds like a typical 'night of passion' for a pom! <g>

--
Regards -Terry

Old Aug 24th 2002, 10:58 am
Polpak

Australians born in Australia are indigenous, born elsewhere are certificated.

If you want to argue over where Mum, Dad, Pop, Nan, etc were born then you are a
nationalist and or racist.

Either way we are still related, being all descendants of Adam and Eve ;-)

Old Aug 25th 2002, 5:37 am
Robert Edwards

You are absolutely correct.

"polpak" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Australians born in Australia are indigenous, born elsewhere are certificated.
    > If you want to argue over where Mum, Dad, Pop, Nan, etc were born then you are a
    > nationalist and or racist.
    > Either way we are still related, being all descendants of Adam and Eve ;-)

Old Aug 25th 2002, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

leeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Clear off back to the UK Pommie Bastard you sad little man.
They were probably pleased to see the back of you when you left though. I guess you spent your previous time in the UK moaning how bad life was there too.
You really are a sad individual who needs to get a life.

From a fellow Brit.
Old Aug 26th 2002, 11:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leeta:
Clear off back to the UK Pommie Bastard you sad little man.
They were probably pleased to see the back of you when you left though. I guess you spent your previous time in the UK moaning how bad life was there too.
You really are a sad individual who needs to get a life.

From a fellow Brit.
Spot on though I am a big fat Pommie Bastard ,hated it that much in UK I can not wait to get back ,life is not bad here its just unrewarding and boring suits those who failed in UK. Yes right again I do need a life not available here unless you are a building trade worker with a ute and nice line in tax avoidance.Thanks for kind words it warms my heart to read your post hope you are in Australia they need more like you thanks again.
Old Aug 26th 2002, 6:54 pm
Pam

Originally posted by leeta:.... Clear off back to the UK Pommie Bastard you sad
little man. They were probably pleased to see the back of you when you left though. I
guess you spent your previous time in the UK moaning how bad life was there too. You
really are a sad individual who needs to get a life. From a fellow Brit.

pommie bastard <[email protected]> wrote in message Spot on though I am a big
fat Pommie Bastard ,hated it that much in UK I
    > can not wait to get back ,life is not bad here its just unrewarding and boring
    > suits those who failed in UK. Yes right again I do need a life not available here
    > unless you are a building trade worker with a ute and nice line in tax
    > avoidance.Thanks for kind words it warms my heart to read your post hope you are in
    > Australia they need more like you thanks again.

Hi guys, I am of the opinion that there are always two sides to a story. How can we
debate on an issue without having any real opposition ? As an Australian I find it
sad and scary that so many people would prefer to hear only good things about
Australia....pretending the bad things dont exist doesnt make them go away, only
makes you ignorant. Its true, most Australians are not that bothered about anything
outside of Aussie, fact is though, the world is getting smaller, and this xenophobic
attitude will only make Australia go backwards. Face it, Australia is not the best
place to live on the planet, it is just another place, and it has good points and bad
points like everywhere. We cant make the bad things go away by surrounding ourselves
with people who will only agree with our own opinions....that is not progress....its
stagnation. A discussion is based on two different points of view, and the answer
lies in the middle....! As an Australian I value the points of others, and i am under
no illusion about the state of this country, unfortunatly, the same cannot be said
for everyone.

now lets have some real discussion......

thanx Pam.

Old Aug 26th 2002, 7:18 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, I am of the opinion that there are always two sides to a story. How can we
debate on an issue without having any real opposition ? As an Australian I find it
Australia....pretending the bad things dont exist doesnt make them go away, only
makes you ignorant. Its true, most Australians are not that bothered about anything
outside of Aussie, fact is though, the world is getting smaller, and this xenophobic
attitude will only make Australia go backwards. Face it, Australia is not the best
place to live on the planet, it is just another place, and it has good points and bad
points like everywhere. We cant make the bad things go away by surrounding ourselves
with people who will only agree with our own opinions....that is not progress....its
stagnation. A discussion is based on two different points of view, and the answer
lies in the middle....! As an Australian I value the points of others, and i am under
no illusion about the state of this country, unfortunatly, the same cannot be said
for everyone.

thanx Pam.
[/QUOTE]

Realy enjoyed your post Pam ,please do not tell me come from Perth you are far to intelligent good on yeah.
Old Aug 26th 2002, 10:33 pm
Johnny Boy

"polpak" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Australians born in Australia are indigenous, born elsewhere are certificated.

No argument there.

> If you want to argue over where Mum, Dad, Pop, Nan, etc were born then you are a
    > nationalist and or racist.

Sheesh - a light-hearted trans-Tasman jibe - and suddenly I'm a "nationalist and
or racist" ?

> Either way we are still related, being all descendants of Adam and Eve ;-)

If that were true - no wonder the human race is stuffed - we're all inbreds.

John

Old Aug 26th 2002, 10:40 pm
Johnny Boy

"Pam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...

> Face it, Australia is not the best place to live on the planet, it is just another
    > place, and it has good points and bad points like everywhere.

It IS the best place to live on the planet.... if it's home ;-) John

Old Aug 26th 2002, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you on an emigration site for poms if you are Australian.? That doesnt seem very much fun for you- unless of course you derice some kind of sick pleasure in upsetting people who at this stage of the game only have their dreams and hopes. Anyway- if you hate it so much why dont you f*** off to UK- I am sure that you will find plenty of miserable bastards here to listen to your stores.....Yawn. Please everyone dont give this insane boy the satisfaction of a relpy (asi have done) and then perhaps he may shut up and crawl back into his tiny hole.

Cheers
Positive Pom (who lived in Oz as a child and thought it was a trillion times better than UK)

Nibbles
Originally posted by pommie bastard:
for everyone.

thanx Pam.

Realy enjoyed your post Pam ,please do not tell me come from Perth you are far to intelligent good on yeah. [/QUOTE]
Old Aug 27th 2002, 1:51 pm
Pam

NickyTurner <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... Why are you on an emigration site for
poms if you are Australian.? That doesnt seem very much fun for you- unless of course
you derice some kind of sick pleasure in upsetting people who at this stage of the
game only have their dreams and hopes. Anyway- if you hate it so much why dont you
f*** off to UK- I am sure that you will find plenty of miserable bastards here to
listen to your stores.....Yawn. Please everyone dont give this insane boy the
satisfaction of a relpy (asi have done) and then perhaps he may shut up and crawl
back into his tiny hole.

Cheers Positive Pom (who lived in Oz as a child and thought it was a trillion times
better than UK)

Hello Nicky,

Thanx for your time. ! But Pommie B..? did not write the message you speak of, My
name is Pam, and I wrote it. ! And no, I derive no sick pleasure out of upsetting
people....thanx.
!@!

Need I say more........? Thanx again. Pam.

Old Aug 27th 2002, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

--
Even Sainsburys have refused to give Steve Bruce a loyalty card.

mail at mistfall dot com

Whats this about Steve Bruce. You a downunder C Palace fan??
Old Sep 5th 2002, 1:02 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pommie bastard:
Autralia is less bureaucratic than UK , lets me stop laughing before I come fall off my chair .This country was a penal colony and regaurding the plublic service (a joke there ) they still run it like one.As for the round ball game more play it here than any other , the league and national side is very poorly run , the game it self has been here for 60 years has been hindered because Aussie Rules Football is runing scared of it.I do believe England has one of best leagues in the world and has won the World Cup last time Australia made it to the World Cup was 30years ago that was the one and only time .Nice to hear that Aussies are going back home from UK they tend to bring most places down to their level , better here than UK.
Remind us all again why you're living in Oz and not in the UK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.